JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

no voicemail on note 20ultra unlocked

(Topic created on: 9/11/20 12:33 PM)
Sailgirl32
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just got the new note 20 ultra & used smartswitch & my voicemail app didn't transfer. I looked for the app in my new phone & it's not there.  If I swipe up and type in voicemail to the search bar a 'visual voicemail' shows up in a white box under settings but no app. When I go to the settings, I can give it allowances but, the default is greyed out & not allowable. Also, if I search for it in settings: then apps - it's not there?? And, my 'phone' keypad screen is the same as my note 9 - NO vm envelope or anything to the left or right of the green phone icon. I've called both Sorint & Samsung to no avail. (I am able to download vm from the playstore but, shouldn't vm be a basic phone app?) PLEASE HELP!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robb69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
had the same issue on my gs10 plus. I went through my phone app, went to the dial pad and went to my vm. listen to prompts and select administrative #2 i think. then select password, then change it to a 7 digit# then go back into your visual voicemail app and put in the 7 digit pw. hope it helps btw clear the cache of the visual voicemail app

View solution in context

20 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Hello @Sailgirl32 

I really don't like how they basically hid the voicemail option now since the S20 phones, I liked the voicemail icon on the phone keypad screen...but the option to access voicemail is in the phone menu. If you open the phone app, and go to the keypad screen, you tap the 3 dots in top right corner and the option for voicemail is there. Kinda silly for it to be like that, but that's where it is. Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Also, holding down the 1 in dialer screen will dial you into your voicemail messages. 

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
jtgordher
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have the s20 ultra for about a week. I have the voicemail icon on screen lower left of keypad. But I cannot use it because I'm told by va that my pass code is wrong. I've had the same one for years. visual voicemail says I need a password of 6 to 15 digits. I do not recall ever using a password for it. That said I go to change password and I'm prompted to enter new password of 6 to 15 digits. I do so and no matter what I put in I am told wrong password not in the system. I've been trying to retrieve voicemail for a week. business calls. this is costing me thousands and the forum doesn't help.
Options
Note20

@jtgordher Call your carrier / service provider.  the voicemail password is on their network, and is not controlled by Samsung in any way.  Only they can reset your password.

userpZh0GAHddM
Astronaut
Options
Note20
my ultra note 20 does not have the option for visual voicemail. any idea how I can get it? third party apps don't seem to work with it
MikeC86
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I posted a link to the new samsung visual voicemail apk, but I guess samsung deleted the post. Oh well...
0 Likes
Solution
Robb69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
had the same issue on my gs10 plus. I went through my phone app, went to the dial pad and went to my vm. listen to prompts and select administrative #2 i think. then select password, then change it to a 7 digit# then go back into your visual voicemail app and put in the 7 digit pw. hope it helps btw clear the cache of the visual voicemail app

View solution in context

Brdwlk
Constellation
Options
Note20

This is exactly what I needed! Once I changed to a 7 digiti password, using @Robb69 method, visual voicemail now works.

One small addition, once you're in the regular voicemail menu, you first have to go to "personal options" (#4 I believe) and then administrative options #2.

Immediately after I changed the passcode, visual voicemail worked without any further changes/adjustments!

Robb69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
glad it helped my guy👍🏻
0 Likes