Original topic:

note 20 ultra no 5g

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 7:24 PM)
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
After the one u.i 3.1 update today I have lost 5g connectivity, I have done a fdr, clear cache partition, restarts 20x, cleared every carrier service etc. Airplane mode on for 5 min, every single option I know of and it still won't connect to 5g lte. Already talked to customer care and the response was take it to a repair center... thays not an option, my 5g was fine up until I installed 3.1, it's not hardware, it's software and nothing has resolved the issue. This is going to be wide spread and I don't think samsung cares, nor the service I received regarding my issue.  This is a US snapdragon version. If anyone is having the same issue speak up and let's make them do something about it. Not speaking up is the same as being complacent. 
18 Replies
SaintxLucifer
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm heated after 5 hours on the phone with these jokers they want to send me a sim :face_with_steam_from_nose:
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
you see what I'm saying lol
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Note20
back to android 10
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
yeah might be time to revert
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
talked to the people I have phone service through, the s20 is a known issue with 5g, so I'd assume the note 20 ultra Is in same boat. they want me to take it into a ubreakifix place and drop phone off.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

It is possible that the carrier did not include the 5G logos with their update.  This would mean that you ARE getting 5G, but are simply not getting the indicator for 5G.  Try doing a speed test (use multiple ones) and see what you are getting for actual bandwidth.  The default o/s does not have the signal logos for 5G as each carrier has different logos for different levels of 5G, for instance AT&T has 3 (5Ge, 5G, and 5G+) and these are not all provided by Verizon.  I am not saying that this IS what is happening to you, just throwing it out as a possibility.

0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
called my service provider today, had them re connect me to the towers, still nothing and it's definitely not on 5g. I have ran multiple speed test, downloaded Google dialer, input a dialer code checked the tower and what service it's using lte cmda etc, turned in 5g only and completely lose service. it's for sure software, they told me the s20 series is a known issue with update, so all I can do is wait for a patch. I know it's software because I had 5g prior to update, after update nothing. I know whe my phone goes into 5g because it goes lte, lte+, then connects to 5g and I have the emblem for it, it stop at lte and doesn't go pass.
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
the 5g emblem is there. it stays on now for about 10 seconds then it switches right back to 4g lte.
0 Likes
Cbrock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
so now the 5g eblem is there it's aggressively switching between 5g and lte. so the emblem is there but 5g will stay on for maybe 10 seconds then switch back to lte
0 Likes