cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

note 20 ultra only shows 10gb ram...I paid for 12

I have 4 different apps reporting i only have 10gb installed memory in a phone that was sold as 12. This is robbery. They lied and stole my money. I'm sending it back. When I get to 9.5gb used I get warnings saying I only have 500mb remaining to close apps. I'm mad 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Halo

Re: note 20 ultra only shows 10gb ram...I paid for 12

Not TrueScreenshot_20200827-211012_CPU X.jpg

Screenshot_20200827-210852_Device care.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userPko4l7BJ7u 

What you're seeing is usable Ram, the rest is reserved for the OS and core phone functions. Completely normal, no crime was committed here. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

mine shows 10gb total
Highlighted
Asteroid

mine shows 10.3 total installed
Highlighted
Asteroid

how do you post pics i just tried to post screen shot
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userPko4l7BJ7u 

We believe you... some apps report around 10.3 to 10.5GB of Ram, I can see it on my end too... but try this: Go to Settings, Device Care, Memory and in there you will see it says 1.7GB reserved. So that's your 10.3 of user accessible Ram for apps, plus the reserved 1.7GB, a total of 12GB. The reserved portion is to ensure your phone's OS runs fast and smooth and doesn't have to compete with apps if you push it, as well as phone's hardware features are supported all the times, like network features which have to always run in the background to make sure you receive calls, texts, emails, notifications and so on. 

I think what might be confusing is the fact that in older models, there was less reserved Ram. My Note10+ shows around 800MB reserved vs 1.7GB on the Note 20 Ultra. My guess is that's because of 5G,  and they reserve extra Ram to support these ultra-fast connections. I just can't think of any other reason they would do this. 

There is definitely 12GB of actual, physical Ram. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

try again