JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

note 20 ultra screen issues.

(Topic created on: 2/28/21 9:06 AM)
M4TTH3W
Halo
Options
Note20
I've noticed for a while now that my note 20 ultras screen seems to show darker areas. I can only notice on a screen that has a dark gray back ground. There is a noticeable circle like shape around the fingerprint sensor area and a rectangular shape that goes from the fingerprint area to the top of the phone. I feel like it has gotten more noticeable over time. I keep my brightness turned down and auto brightness on and I've never really had the same screen on long enough to cause burn in. The strange thing is my girlfriend has the same phone and hers is doing it too. Pretty much the exact same shapes. I was wondering if others have noticed this as well? Like I said you would need to put a dark gray background on your screen to notice it. I have to say all in all the note 20 ultra has been a let down for me. Wish I had kept my note 10 a bit longer. I never had a issue with that phone. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. As you didn't purchase the device from an authorized vendor, your device wouldn't be covered under Samsung's standard limited warranty. You would be responsible for the cost of repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Beeree7
Constellation
Options
Note20
I just started having the same issue. I woke up this morning to it. I tried everything to clear it up with no success.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. As you didn't purchase the device from an authorized vendor, your device wouldn't be covered under Samsung's standard limited warranty. You would be responsible for the cost of repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Beeree7
Constellation
Options
Note20
This will be the last Samsung I buy. The phone was bought from samsung then sold to me. It's not a fake and it's not out of the time period. The phone is 6 months old and there is a defect. So I will take my Money elsewhere. Thank you.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provides for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello,

Do you experience the symptoms while your device is in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

0 Likes
Beeree7
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes it is still there in safe mode. I tried to register my device for warranty service but I bought it from private seller 2 weeks after release. So I have no proof of purchase. But this is ridiculous. it seems like that battery heated up and cooked the screen behind it or something.
The phone is 6 months old. And because I don't have proof of purchase I can't get it repaired?
0 Likes