cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

note 20

I got my note 20 (not ultra) a few days ago and as I use snapchat, the snap camera turns black with message to clear app or restart phone. Its happened twice now.. Then I go to see if the stock phone camera is working but it has a black, screen also. Then I try facebook messenger camera and it is also black with a message. I came from s10 plus and this never happened. If anyone knows if its just the app app causing problems or if its the phone. Doesn't work until phone is restarted.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Comet

Re: note 20

looks like an app you have is taking over the camera app...most likely a 3rd party app with malware that you gave camera permissions too, and thus is keeping the canera opened
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: note 20

how do I fix this?
Highlighted
Comet

go to Settings, and search for permission manager. click on it. then scroll down till you see Camera. click it. every app you gave permissions of the camera to, will be listed. look through for any 3RD PARTY APP YOU DOWNLOAD that has access to camera, even if its not a camera app, and just start hitting DENY one by one and see if the camera works. if it doesn't enable again and go to the next one and try until you find the culprit
Highlighted
Astronaut

my camera is working. its stopped working randomly twice and wouldn't work again until I restarted my phone. then it works fine.