Original topic:

photos are not appearing in samsung note20 ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 8:11 PM)
userlXNeacR7GZ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have a note 20 ultra. When I take a photo it does not appear in my gallery or any gallery. I checked online accounts with samsung, onedrive, google drive, no where.  This has been going on for awhile now about 2 months. Has this happened to anybody else or am I on an Island by myself? Or maybe somebody has a clue as to what to do?? (Hope so).

Thanks Dave

0 Likes
12 Replies
rodstone25
Star
Options
Note20
Have checked the Camera App to verify that permissions are set for location, storage, phone, camera - allow all permissions
userlXNeacR7GZ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Yes I have checked all permissions, all are on. thank you

@rodstone25 wrote:
Have checked the Camera App to verify that permissions are set for location, storage, phone, camera - allow all permissions

0 Likes
rodstone25
Star
Options
Note20
are storing photos taken by the camera on a SD card, or to Internal memory? Also can use File Manager and look into the DCIM (Default picture) directory to see if any files are being written to that directory ?
0 Likes
userlXNeacR7GZ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

photos are to be stored on sd card, and nothing is being written to the dcim directory

0 Likes
rodstone25
Star
Options
Note20
Have you tried to switch the storage location for the camera app back to internal memory?
0 Likes
userlXNeacR7GZ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I just switched it to internal memory and it is working now. But shouldn't I be able to store them on SD card?  thank you

0 Likes
rodstone25
Star
Options
Note20
yes, you should be able to store photos on the SD card, but I believe any video you take automatically get store internally.
0 Likes
rodstone25
Star
Options
Note20
can write a document file and store it on the SD card. It maybe a bad card, I don't think you can write lock a microsd card. I look on my Note 20 Ultra in file manager no option to write lock the ds card.
0 Likes
userlXNeacR7GZ
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I just copied a file from internal to SD card...seemed ok. I can view other files on there as well

0 Likes