Original topic:

reading/PDF apps compatible with S pen?

(Topic created on: 1/3/21 4:12 PM)
newnote20u
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hi all,
Does anyone know of reading apps that are compatible with the S pen? As a college student, I have to do a lot of reading and studying on my phone. I'd like to be able to scroll PDFs and other reading materials using the S pen, in the same way that one can use the S pen to scroll articles on the Samsung internet browser. The problem is, I haven't yet found any reading apps that are compatible with the S pen. 

Does anybody know of reading apps or PDF apps that allow for full utilization of the S pen? I'd appreciate any and all recommendations.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Try the Samsung Notes app you can mark-up PDFs as well
0 Likes
newnote20u
Astronaut
Options
Note20
won't work. there are no s pen reading tools in samsung notes. you can't use the S pen air gestures in the app
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Double tap the screen when you have notes open the tools appear on the bottom of the screen
0 Likes
newnote20u
Astronaut
Options
Note20
nope that won't work. eh, no biggie. I did figure out you can use the pen to scroll the screen by hovering over it. I'm not sure that's useful in any way, but it's fun trying out all these features.
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Did you double tap with the pen I use it all day and it works for me every l everytime
0 Likes
newnote20u
Astronaut
Options
Note20
specifically I'm trying to configure the S pen to scroll documents quickly using the pen button. so for example when running on the treadmill. instead of swiping the screen up and down, which would be difficult when running, one could use the S pen button scroll down.
0 Likes
newnote20u
Astronaut
Options
Note20
or when the phone is plugged into a library monitor in dex mode, when could use the S pen to scroll up and down in a document. that way our study group could all read the same study guide at the same time. it wouldn't be practical to continually move the phone up and down when it's plugged into a power outlet or behind a monitor. but using the S pen in the same way that you could use it for presenting a PowerPoint - which is possible. the function I'm asking about is scrolling instead of presenting PowerPoint slides in that example
0 Likes