cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

scratched glass already

I called samsung because my glass is scratched already on my note 20 ultra. I didnt drop it or anything and there is a good scratch in it. They pretty much told me its to bad.  So much for the new gorilla glass. And support for your new $1300 flagship phone.  What a joke.  

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: scratched glass already

Yep, it is definately Samsungs fault that you stored your phone in the same pocket as your keys, or whatever else YOU did to cause this scratch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

and no it dont put my keys in my back pocket.  so keep fanboying 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userUhowxO43AA 

Sorry, I missed the joke. No one claimed that the new Gorilla Glass won't scratch. And cosmetic issues like scratches are not covered by the warranty. When you say "already", how long have you had the phone for? I mean some scratches are totally normal, I had mine for about two weeks, and have a couple of minor scratches now too. I don't use a screen protector and I don't expect my glass to look like new for ever.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

have the phone 2 weeks and its not a minor scartch its pretty significant.  enough if you run your fingernail across it it will stop you.  i didnt drop or do anything to the phone to cause this.  but if you want to defend samsung over it, more power to you. the glass is junk on this phone.  and samsung should stand behind thier product. not automatically blame the person for it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

i should have known posting a problem with my phone would bring out all the fanboy defenders...lol. maybe the same will happen to your phone somedaySmiley Very Happy and hopefully samsung will tell you that its your fault...Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

glass can be scratched by alot of things. I doubt you bought it with a scratch on it so how is it anyones fault but your own. apple wouldn't help you nor would google nor would gm nor would anyone who sells anything with glass and you try to claim that a scratch just appeared out of thin air after 2 weeks mysteriously. ill tell you what samsung shouldve told you since I know you are just gonna say I'm fanboying like everyone else who is just being realistic. go pound sand. we don't all live in your fantasy world where scratches magically appear. k thanks bye
Highlighted

Samsung did not make the glass.  Corning did.  Corning is the worlds leading manufacturer of scratch & shatter resistant glass.  What should samsung have used if not the latest glass by corning?  Who from samsung came and scratched your screen?  My phone is 1 week away from being a month old, with no screen protector, and no scratches, not even micro ones.

Highlighted

I have a couple of micro scratches on mine. But I put it in my pocket with no screen protector and being realistic, I understand that I must have somehow done it.

I don't know of any phone manufacturer using Sapphire glass. Apple was allegedly going to make that move, but their supplier GT Advanced Technology was charged with fraud I believe, so it never happened.

That leaves everyone using Corning Gorilla Glass, so I honestly can't think of any phone manufacturer who would have a more scratch resistant screen.

No, I am not a fanboy, I am relatively new to Android/Samsung.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Glass is glass, and glass can break.
kidding, I put a film protector on top. there are plenty that work with the fingerprint reader. It will not protect against cracks, but at least it's protected against scratches.