Original topic:

screen off memo disapearing

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 7:01 AM)
userlxCel46Pty
Constellation
Options
Note20

I bought the note20 because i love the screen off feature. On my note8 i could keep the same note for as long as i wanted .

with the note20 what happens is after I write a note and save it..I can see it on the screen, but when i go and tap on the note to open it back up to add to it it open a blank page and the only way i can see my old note is to go into the note app...

I have tried everything and cannot seem to get this problem figured out.

i write the note, i click save, i see the note with the two options below the note, i click the 2 arrows pointing to each other to save the note to the screen and when i try and go back to see the note its GONE and all i have is a black screen..and have to go into the note app to see the note. this is not the way the note8 worked as I want the SAME NOTE to add to it...

i hope someone can help..as i am beyond frustrated. THANKS!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Note20
I am pretty sure that this cannot be changed and that this is how the off screen notes work now.
0 Likes
lacoet55
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi,

you said: “i write the note, i click save, i see the note with the two options below the note, i click the 2 arrows pointing to each other to save the note”

As I understand it this is the way it works:

1) the 2 arrows pointing to each other are to minimize the memo (not to save it) so it’ll show on the off screen just as a push pin icon not the full note. If you want to see the note you have to click on the push pin icon and it will open it. 

2) when you want the whole memo to keep showing on the off screen you need to click the little push pin icon on the top right of the screen, to the left of Save. If you only click on Save then it saves it to the Notes app only.

3) To open the Memo from the off screen (assuming I didnt minimize it), I tap twice on it and it comes up. Then you can add to it and again click on the push pin icon to save the changes. The changes will show on the off screen memo.

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes