cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

screen on during calls

How can you keep the screen on during a phone call? Using a Note 20 Ultra. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Comet

Re: screen on during calls

I think that option stopped with the S9 and Note 9 line of phones. it was always an option in the phone settings. I believe it was removed due to accidental touches by your ear during a call as well as it leaving the screen on which could cause minor screen burn over time. the proximity sensor of your phone darkens the screen automatically now. you could try the smart stay option under advanced features and motions and gestures, which will keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: screen on during calls

Thanks for sharing. I turned that on and will try starring at my phone! Lol I talk almost exclusively on my speaker phone and it would be nice if the screen would stay on during the call. You would think that Samsung engineers could figure out that if you press the voice key you are using it as a speaker phone, not putting it up to your ear. I was on hold for 45 minutes and the screen kept going out...just a pain! Lol
Comet

well one thing that not a lot of people understand is that the only screen in the world right now that does not ever get screen burn-in is an LCD screen QOLED OLED ETC all can get screen burn and quite easily mainly given the fact that most people tend to keep their phones at Max brightness all the time when an image doesn't move and there's Max light shining right behind that image you're basically using the phone to create a picture like they used to do back in the day before the modern camera the longer your screen is on and nothing is moving the greater chances of burning you will have the greatest tends to be the keyboard and the phone call screen as most people can stay on the phone for hours remember even the brightest best screen we'll still have a caveat having the screen turn off is preventive measure to both you and the company
Highlighted
Comet

there are many third-party programs you can download that will keep your screen on permanently until you turn the phone off again or you could just have it set the timeout how much longer time I believe the longest is 60 minutes