Original topic:

strange notification?

(Topic created on: 12/5/20 4:46 PM)
vga
Astronaut
Options
Note20
About a week or 2 ago I started getting some sort of strange notification. It seems to happen randomly, 10 chimes, no notification message. I reset the settings to default and it's still happening. I'm loathe to reset to factory settings but I will if I have to. Anyone else have this issue? 
0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Note20
settings, notifications, recent, see all, select most recent, should take you to what ever app, and whatever notifications type is chiming. switch or turn off
0 Likes
AG6
Halo
Options
Note20
I had a similar thing with me until I found out it my a discord with the random beeps and no notifications
0 Likes
vga
Astronaut
Options
Note20
my a discord?
0 Likes
HuntingTarg
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Discord app - do you have that installed?
0 Likes
vga
Astronaut
Options
Note20
no. don't know what it is
0 Likes
HuntingTarg
Astronaut
Options
Note20
if you don't use Discord, and you can't find out what app is generating the notifications, you might have malware.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
HuntingTarg
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks for replying :thumbs_up:; please check thread, I'm not the one experiencing the symptoms.
0 Likes
vga
Astronaut
Options
Note20
already did that, only the apps I've gotten notifications for are there.
0 Likes