Original topic:

swipe gesture navigation malfunction

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 10:15 PM)
SimpleMachine
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Swipe gesture navigation is malfunctioning after installation of most recent Android 11 One UI 3.0 update on my Note 20 Ultra 5G this morning Dec 28th.
I've used the swipe gesture as my default before now without any issues. Now, there is insane sporadic response to swipes, mostly swipes aren't being responded to. 
I have followed some troubleshooting guides to clear the system cache (power button and volume up buttons to enter menu) .. and rebooted my phone multiple times.
I have toggled between button and swipe gestures. Buttons work as expected by swipe is very bad.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
7 Replies
SimpleMachine
Asteroid
Options
Note20
update:
I have noticed a considerable to 100% improvement with Gesture Hints enabled.
It worked just fine without this feature enabled before the update but oh well, I hope to hear if someone else has had this experience.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
swiping between apps only works IF gesture is visible.
0 Likes
SimpleMachine
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Correct. Gesture didn't have to be visible before the update but after update it has to otherwise it malfunctions and misses a lot.
This is a bug. not sure how to tag Samsung support on these threads, I wonder if these threads are monitored.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
gestures have always had to be shown for the swipe between recent apps to work.
0 Likes
SimpleMachine
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I disagree. The option to show the hints has always been optional and worked for me in the past when turned off. in the attached photo you'll see it is optional to enable it.

Screenshot_20201230-002544_Settings_9745.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I know what your saying and yes it is optional but if you read the blurb below that. you can switch between recent apps by swiping on the gesture ...

jf gesture is disabled then that option to switch between apps quickly is disabled.

do you get what I'm trying to say?
https://i.imgur.com/J61pzqr.gifv
0 Likes
jjny15
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm using the Note 20 Ultra and the "swipe up from bottom" gesture doesn't work as it used to for me either. I just updated and it seems the area of effect has been reduced significantly. It works if you swipe from the VERY bottom of the phone and it's not ideal, especially if you're using a case which most ppl are. This is a pretty problematic, I'd rollback the update solely because this issue exists.