cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

timely updates for flagship devices

after I spend $1,400 on a flagship phone I feel like Samsung doesn't care anymore ,I shouldn't have to wait 4 months to get Android updates on an unlocked note 20.

1 + gets the Android update out 2 weeks after it's released. Pixel get it same day. So please Samsung..... the number one thing we want as flagship owners ,it's timely updates
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: timely updates for flagship devices

I agree and understand your frustrations. The problem is that Samsung isn't part of Project Treble like OnePlus and Essential Phone, etc. Pixel devices will always get their updates first because they're Google branded and their updates come straight from Google. Not to mention they're Vanilla Android and don't have an overlay such as One UI to deal with. So there's that. I have to say, Samsung has become a lot swifter with updates than they ever have been over the years so progress is definitely being made. At least they're not like LG who was so slow with updates that they had to create a dedicated Software Update Development Center............. and still take 6, 7, and 8 months to deliver an update. That's just pathetic. Samsung just started the developer's beta testing for One UI 3.0 which should bring Android 11 for the S series with the Note series up next just like last year so it's definitely right around the corner.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Nebula

unlocked samsung devices get updates sooner than carrier versions, just a heads up.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Posts like yours is one reason I have stayed with the carrier version. I have gotten secrutiy update monthly from verison on my Note 10+ I just got the latest 2 days ago. Please anyone eles out there with unlocked Samsung phone let me know your experiece also. One person in this Thread says unlocked gets updates soone. Let me know. I would so like to by an unlocked phone but do not want to be last to get the update, aslo what is your experieces with HD Voice being blocked or not by carriers with an unlocked phone? Do unloced phones come with all the requirement (bands) to pick up all signials by any carrier they may be on?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Are we already complaining about a phone that's not even out yet not getting timely updates? 

If you've used Samsung phones for a while, you know that the update situation has improved drastically in the last couple of years, so I don't think there are any good reasons to assume in advance it will be bad. Yes, we have to be realistic, they will not be updates as soon as Google devices, but we get updates so much quicker now, it shouldn't be a concern.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1