JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is motion photo?

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 08:51 PM)
groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

How do I shut that off? Everytime I take a picture it makes it a motion photo and I hate it. I paid to much for the ultra note 20 5g and yet it won't let me just take a darn picture. 

Thanks
11 Replies
Solution
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Note20

When you open your camera app there are 6 icons that appear at the top of the viewfinder. The 4th icon from the left is a picture of a square with a little arrow in it. That is the motion photo icon. Tap on that and it will turn that feature off.

groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
omg haha I feel dumb. thanks so much. I'm having a lot of issues with my new phone. My old one wasn't like this. So many changes from my galaxy 10 plus.
I want to like this phone and I've mostly have had Samsungs. I also think the photos it takes aren't very good.
any advice where to go to learn how to use this and get better pics?
thanks again
karla
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Note20

No problem. Glad I could help. The Note 20 Ultra is a very complex device with so many features. Here is a good video that provides a lot of "how to" information:

https://youtu.be/Iuuq-_XqKpA

groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
@Belaythatorder
thank you very much. I was thinking about fiddling around on YouTube to learn. I wish they gave more information with the phone. I had thought of getting the new iPhone but I decided not to because I didn't want to learn a whole new phone and I've never used an iPhone so I went with the Samsung note 20. ha I wish I hadn't. I'm having to relearn to much in the end anyhow.

would you happen to know which is the best and easiest screen cover? ice tried 2 both sucked and one of them broke so now I don't have anything on it.
thanks again!
Karla
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Note20
I always use a case but never have used screen progectors. I would suggest checking the Note 20/Note 20 Ultra forums on Reddit. Members there share a lot of up to date information on features, software updates and accessories.
Mäw
Comet
Options
Note20
I would highly suggest white stone dome screen protectors. they are pricey however they are the best out there with a lifetime warranty check them out. they are tricky to install but they provided detailed instructions and videos to get a flawless install
blitz55
Constellation
Options
Note20

I understand the many advice columns that tell you to click on the icon with the triangle in the square - I do not have that icon nor do I have a motion option in the camera settings

0 Likes
blitz55
Constellation
Options
Note20

Just a note, I had a white circle over that button, I was able to drag it off - so I'm good now

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@blitz55 

"Just a note, I had a white circle over that button, I was able to drag it off - so I'm good now"

The white circle is the extra shutter button that you enable/disable in Camera settings.