Original topic:

wireless charging constantly pauses

(Topic created on: 12/12/20 2:54 PM)
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
I just received and started using the RAM mount tough charge with X grip wireless charger that I use for a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN12WB

I use it to attach and use my phone on my wheelchair. The charger is connected to a regular USB port which draws power from the power wheelchair batteries. As I use my phone, the wireless charging constantly and randomly stops working and the phone keeps on popping up that the wireless charging is paused with the light of the charger going red but then several seconds later it will start working again and the light turns green. I don't know if it's related but I have noticed the phone does get hot while charging on this particular charger as I use the phone. I just recently received a notification saying it was paused because the phone got too hot. I also turned off the fast wireless charging setting on my phone. I haven't had the same issue or have the first day it got too hot with other wireless chargers using the same USB connection of the wheelchair and plugged into a regular wall outlet. Do you have any suggestion to fix this issue? Is there a possibility I have a defective unit? If you can't think of a fix, is there a way anybody has figured out how to disable the wireless charging paused and the wireless charging pop-up notifications? It is quite annoying because when it starts charging the notification takes up much of the screen in the center. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
9 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
1. do you have a case on the phone? if so, it may be interfering and causing excessive heat.
2. could be a bad charger
0 Likes
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
no case.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
try a different charger
0 Likes
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
everything seems to work with a different charger but I need to get this particular charger working since it is specially designed for the mount. should there be a heat problem if I am using a wireless charger while also using the phone as it charges?
0 Likes
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
can you tell from the link if the charger is the right amount of Watts Etc? I don't know if it is drawing too much power or if I'm using the incorrect setup
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
if other chargers work fine, but this one is causing issues, if you continue to use it, you risk damaging your phone.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
you have a bad charger. the charger is applying to many Amps or volts to the phone causing it to overheat. (stop :raised_hand: ) using this charger immediately. as the phone can be damaged by excessive heat. your phone does a emergency cut off from charging when it gets to hot from charging. when phone gets to hot from charging. it pauses charging until it gets cooler or cooled down. then charging resumes.

another problem could be is your phone is near a heat source. if its directly in the sun or near any heat source and gets too hot. it will stop charging. or shut down to prevent damage to phone. put phone in a cup holder or in a area not near a heat source. you can always mute Notification under Notifications settings but recommended. as Notifications from charging is extremely important.
0 Likes
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
sorry I forgot to ask what is the appropriate temperature for the phone? I have an app that is showing while using the wireless qi charger that the temperature is anywhere between 96 degrees Fahrenheit is 106 degrees Fahrenheit
0 Likes
userc5GHJxqcJs
Constellation
Options
Note20
I just looked up the information for the USB charging port adapter for the wheelchair. It says it can power up to 1.5A at 5V. Would there be an issue if the wireless charger is 10W?
0 Likes