Re: Adjust Touch Sensitivity Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How to adjust the sensivity of the phone

Highlighted
userlg4xXJToVV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a Note8 and had challenges with the screen as well,  especially after adding a screen protector. I've read and researched most responses. Changing the navigation bar in settings is not the solution.  It is specifically for the Home button. 

I found an app in Google play store called Touchscreen Repair.  I no longer want to throw my phone or return it. It is not as seamless as my Note4 but it is definitely 110% better and faster than 2 days ago. No more multiple taps on the screen anymore to open apps or on the keyboard. 

FYI - I have a Zagg Glass Curve screen protector

View solution in original post

user1LZdWrf2ig
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userQolHX56elF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used this app and the one for 2018, and my phone still lacks touch sensitivity.

TVCCS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanted to offer another possible fix...tried the ones here for touchscreen calibration with little success.  I recently bought a Note 8 and ordered a number of different cases.  Many of the thicker ones with the better bezel protection affected the touchscreen under the generic curved glass full screen coverage protector I use - the ones that worked best are the thinner TPU cases that don't wrap quite as tightly around the edges - my guess is many of those slightly lift the glass which affects the touchscreen underneath - the problems are worst near the sides.  I have zero fondness for curved screens, but my LG V30+ has one and never had an issue like the Note 8.

Here's a case I found with a magnetic plate and kickstand that doesn't affect my touchscreen, as an example - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142894449211

userAwKrO5eVTt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for the "Touchscreen Repair" suggestion. Its not 100% better, but its DEFINITELY better than it was.
userUGwfd7rA9X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

solved the sensitivity issue

user94oFACunve
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact issue I've been having with Zagg Tempered Glass Protector. I tried the app you recommended but still having issues especially when using Swype. The screen was super sensitive without the protector. I might have to get rid of it and hope my folio case is enough protection. 

Windshadow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SORRY BUT THIS APP IS NOT THE SNSWER JUST A PATCH, MORE DRAIN ON BATTERY, APP ISN'T NEEDED. The setting is not named what you would think it should be, like touch sensativity etc...TO FIND SETTING Go to:

settings-display-navigation bar-hard press home button....Turn off.....Problem solved phone will respond fast & easy taps!

userb1y4KvrMbf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have never had a screen protector on my note 8 and there is places i cant click or submit i have to keep tapping if i cant move it to the top of the phone that is the the only place it allows me to click Smiley Sad cant wait for note 10!!!!