cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rikity
Asteroid

After 9.0 Pie update - Hard press Home button does not disable - Video demonstrating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didnt have this problem before the udpate, but after my Note 8 went up to 9.0, the Hard press Home button function will not disable despite me going into settings and having the slider off.   It still stays on and interrupts my apps.  This is especially annoying in games.

Link to Video - Note8 - Hard press Home button will not disable

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rikity
Asteroid

Re: After 9.0 Pie update - Hard press Home button does not disable - Video demonstrating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone updated a couple days ago, i got in and messed with the settings this morning.   I dont know if you're on verizon and got that update too, but if you set the Hard Press Home key setting to on and to level 5 it seems to completely disable it.  Which to me seems to go against what it says it does, but at level 5 it doesnt work at all, which to me has disabled it in all my games.    On my side it seems fixed so far and something else that I dont like nor use is now broken and i'm fine with that.

In the end, there needs to be a setting to set soft home button to off when navigation bar is hidden, there are more drawbacks to having that feature than it has benefits.   The hidden navigation bar with a swip up to show is something i'm used to and its fine and gives me plenty of access to the home button.

Or how about map the bixby button to hide and unhide the navigation bar so we dont open it by accident.  

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: After 9.0 Pie update - Hard press Home button does not disable - Video demonstrating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

rikity
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never did before, but just cleared it and restarted.   Same problem as before

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this still happen when you test your device in safe mode?

rikity
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe mode disables all full screen apps, at least the ones that I have.   Without the device switching to full screen, the nav bar will display and override the virtual button when the bar hids itself.   So unable to confirm because the nav bar does not hide

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend visiting a UBreakIFix location in your area for an authorized technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing.

Follow this link here to get a UBreakIFix location. --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

rikity
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is probably the worst helpdesk experience ive encountered in years.  Not one person here is considering its a problem with android at all.  Im not going to ubreakifix, its not a hardware issue.  Its a problem with the 9.0 pie update

userHIbpeES9Yx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a well documented problem all over the internet and reddit relating to the pie update and urgently needs a fix.  It makes the phone barely usable. 

rikity
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has the ability to modify the code, if not, they certainly know who to escalate the issue with on the Android update side.  It would also be nice if they acknowledged the issue and told their customers it is a known problem instead of sending them down rat holes that lead to dead ends

userKOBDvfNzJN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and no fix it makes Pokemon Go extremely frustrating now when is Samsung going to fix this!?!?!? This is making me reconsider the Note 10 pro.... If it's gonna have the same crappy bug.

@rikity wrote:

I didnt have this problem before the udpate, but after my Note 8 went up to 9.0, the Hard press Home button function will not disable despite me going into settings and having the slider off.   It still stays on and interrupts my apps.  This is especially annoying in games.

Link to Video - Note8 - Hard press Home button will not disable