cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

After Text sent, my phone dials contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After sending a text message on a few occasions, my phone dials that contact. 

How do I fix that?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: After Text sent, my phone dials contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found on a EU link how to fix! 

Go to “settings - advanced functions - motions and gestures-DISABLE Direct Call” and there on the bottom you have a button “swipe for call/message...” I have switched this off. I guess I accidentally swiped over the screen when closing my cover ? Its worth the try...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/quot-Direct-Call-quot-feature-causing-unintentional...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ullh82w8 wrote:

After sending a text message on a few occasions, my phone dials that contact. 

How do I fix that?

Are you initiating to send text message from phone app or from messages?

The phone app for example has a feature if you swipe right it calls a contact or swipe left it texts

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Factory installed text messenger v 10.0.21.25

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look, all I know is that when I text, sometimes the phone dials after I just sent a text! 

I don't use my phone on safemode, don't even know what that is for.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I remember my other Note 8 that DIED after 11 months did it, but it was fixed in settings somehow. 

I don't remember how though. Found on internet, now I can't find anything on it. Some feature in Samsung texting app that you can disable.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the direct call feature turned on in your settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "Direct callfeature is not available anymore if your device has been updated to Android version 9.0 (Pie)

www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-s9-how-do-i-enable-the-direct-call-feature-on-my-sa...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found on a EU link how to fix! 

Go to “settings - advanced functions - motions and gestures-DISABLE Direct Call” and there on the bottom you have a button “swipe for call/message...” I have switched this off. I guess I accidentally swiped over the screen when closing my cover ? Its worth the try...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/quot-Direct-Call-quot-feature-causing-unintentional...

View solution in original post