cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tidbitty
Halo

Air command on note8 for left landed people.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am left handed and I don't mind pulling the pen out from the right side.  The problem I have is Air Command opens on the right side when you pull the pen out.

From what I remember the Since owning the Note2 to the Note7 you can select which side you want it to pop up.  On the Note8 it was removed, and have no choice, but to come up from the right side.  Can someone show me the right place to put an enhancement request to get this put back in or have it open where the air command was last put as I notice if I close air command after I pull the pen out it moves to the left side.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userzxC72Ulq0N
Cosmic Ray

Re: Air command on note8 for left landed people.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you set Air Command so that taking the S pen out "does nothing" then the relocated Air Command icon remains where you place it, even after a reboot. 

6 REPLIES 6
Tidbitty
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I played around with a friends Note8. 

His once you put it on the left side the air command opens on that side when you pull the pen out. So I did further testing.

So far almost all I have found that are not T-Mobile versions it stays on the left side. 

userzxC72Ulq0N
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open Air Command, open the settings "gear", and scroll to Floating Icon, and then turn it on.

Now open Air Command, press and hold the pen icon and move it to your preferred location, and then release holding the icon. It should now remain where you placed it. 

Highlighted
Tidbitty
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is set correctly. The problem i am having when I pull the pen out it always open at its original location. As long as I don't put the pen back in after it is minimized it will go to my desired position after that. 

On friends phones not the T-Mobile versions. They open from the desired location as soon as you pull the pen out. 

userzxC72Ulq0N
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you set Air Command so that taking the S pen out "does nothing" then the relocated Air Command icon remains where you place it, even after a reboot. 

Tidbitty
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzxC72Ulq0N wrote:

That's a lot better, but I wish it would still open on the left like some other variants.  I will accept this as a solution.

userzxC72Ulq0N
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear you. My opinion is that one of Samsung's greatest strengths is their willingness to listen to their customers and to try new things. After all, if they didn't have this strength the Note phone would never have seen the the light of day. Unfortunately, it can also seem to be Samsung's least liked strength at times.

In any case I am glad I could help to some extent.