Cosmic Ray

Re: Android 10 update on the Galaxy Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last samsung phone I buying!!!!!!!!!🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll be joining the Pixel bandwagon when the Pixel 5 Launches.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Note8 has technically only had 1 "major" update, since it launched with a version behind. This phone could/should have shipped with Oreo, or at the very least Treble support!

The phone launched 2 days after Android Oreo!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 9 and waiting on how OneUI 2.0 looks and if I am not satisfied I will go to Pixel 4a or 3a budget phone. I am not buying any phone over 500 going forward.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ANIMAKRISTI are you saying you have the update or you want the update?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is making another bad decision on neglecting their clients who always support their Note series .. I've been loyal customer for Notes since the beginning.. but this is totally unacceptable.. we only got Android 9 update .. which is 1 major update for the phone .. not 2 as what they usually do .. spending a 1000 euros on a phone which will be out of android support after couple of years is outrageous.. now for sure I'll step down from buying Samsung products anymore .. I'll switch to Google phones instead .. at least they respect their customers .. or even switch to Apple .. but Samsung is done for me .. how bad is this to end a good customer relationship.. I think many people like me will switch and you're losing us all Samsung .. think again about your actions..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, disappointed about this company, but fortunately there are other players on market. Why spending money and time waiting forever for updates, buy somewhere else.

I am glad I did not buy yet a Note 10, probably in an year same story ... no updates!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I decided to not buy a Samsung phone again because:

1. Samsung doesn't value their own phone as much as they value others. This year during the release promo of Note 10, iPhone X trade-in value was double the Note 8's. These phoese were the same price at release and almost at the same time. If Samsung tells me I can keep my money value better buying an iPhone then why should I buy a Note anymore?
  2. Apple is updating their phones all the way back to 2014 with latest iOS 13 and Samsung does only for 1 major release for Note 8. So I am paying for a year or two then I have to change my phone even if I don't needed. So again better to get an iPhone. Even Pixel does a better job in this.

Don't get me wrong, pretty much all our hosehold devices are Samsung branded and we like them but phone is not the one I will be buying anymore unless Samsung makes some fundamental changes on how they value and handle their phones' lifecycles.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You and millions more angry, soon-to-be-former customers.