cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Caesar0571
Asteroid

Android 10

I think it's absurd that I paid a grand for this phone to only get two major software updates and no Android 10?๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’ฉ

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

Re: Android 10

@Caesar0571 wrote:

I think it's absurd that I paid a grand for this phone to only get two major software updates and no Android 10?๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’ฉ

@Caesar0571 

Oh, that is true, but cheaper Samsung phones are lucky to even get one update.   I would be happy to see at least 3 years!

If I remember correctly Google made their Pixel phones to have "minimum of 3y OS and 3y Security updates".  

userJWhY9s28sI
Cosmic Ray

Android doesn't scale as well as iOS so older devices would actually struggle a lot with newer more feature rich versions of Android also Samsung's a bit lazy ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Samsung_S965U
Astronaut

You are on a Note 8. Please refer to developers.android.com to check status of 8.0-10 migration. Currently you need a gsi image to flash the ROM. This isn't supported via OTA only via Pixel. I could say the same about my S9+ but I joined the fast track beta programs as soon as they came up. Your not missing out on much only about 8-12 apps depending on region. Just use 9.0p system wide dark mode.

Caesar0571
Asteroid

The note eight is more than capable of handling Android 10 and all pixels are getting Android 10

I already heard that Samsung devices running OneUI 1.0 will get 2.0 apps

Fendee1
Halo

Google makes Android pixel phones and they only get 3years so your lucky if you get 2 from Samsung has been good about updates but because android changes so much it breaks more, than it fixes, and its like totally different each update, then people blame Samsung, and also your att,Verizon, tmobile puts its own branding on top and makes it own changes.