Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvnn
Cosmic Ray

Android Messages auto saving photos that I send to others

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

Title says it all.   I use Android Messages on my Note 8 and have recently noticed that any time I send a photo to someone, Messages auto saves it in a folder it creates in my gallery.  I don't need the photo saved.... I already have it in my gallery!

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen and if so, did you find a fix?  I have no idea how to report a bug go Google, unless I'm missing the option to do so within the app.

Fyi, I've cleared the cache in Messages and Gallery, no luck. In Messages, I've also turned off the feature that auto downloads mms to the thread when one is received but as soon as I click on the icon to view what was sent, it throws it in that folder without my requesting it to do so. 

I'm tired of testing this by sending myself multiple photos, so I'm throwing this out to the Samsung Community.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT:  this only happens when a photo is sent thru the Messanges app (clicking on the + icon and picking a photo thru there). If I go to my gallery and share a photo from it to Messanges, no issues  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Android Messages auto saving photos that I send to others

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm afraid there isn't much we can do to help with that, the last known support contact number I have from Google is 855-836-3987 but I make no guarantees that it still works. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend going to the Google Play Store, searching for the app and then emailing the developers directly. 

dvnn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill

Thanks for the suggestion, but the developer is Google and there seems to be no good way to establish contact with them or to submit a bug report/inquiry with them.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm afraid there isn't much we can do to help with that, the last known support contact number I have from Google is 855-836-3987 but I make no guarantees that it still works. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

dvnn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for trying to help!   I figured that Samsung wouldn't have a fix, since this isn't a Samsung product issue, moreso just curious if anyone else noticed this issue or had any ideas for/success with sending a bug report to Google.   Smiley Happy