cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Android update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My husband and I both have the note 8 and his version is different than mine. Mine doesn't want to update it seems. His is constantly updating. I have android version 8.0.0 his is 9

Security patch level is July 1st 2018 and his is December 1st 2019

His has a one UI version mine does not. I don't understand why my phone doesn't have an update available... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Android update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you gone into the settings to try and update it manually? If that doesn't work you may need to contact your carrier. Updates are sent out by the carrier once Samsung sends it to them. Carriers usually send out updates in waves to multiple devices at a time. I would contact your carrier first. If they can't help, then definitely contact Samsung care and they can definitely fix the problem.👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will need to take it to a Samsung store so they can manually update it to the latest version.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you gone into the settings to try and update it manually? If that doesn't work you may need to contact your carrier. Updates are sent out by the carrier once Samsung sends it to them. Carriers usually send out updates in waves to multiple devices at a time. I would contact your carrier first. If they can't help, then definitely contact Samsung care and they can definitely fix the problem.👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. I will definitely do that!