cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUYAd3npmIx
Astronaut

Re: Annoying ads on my Note 8 Lockscreen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
When your phone is charging (and there's an ad on it) in the top right corner there should be 3 little dots. Touch those dots and it should pop up an option to TURN OFF SMART CHARGE. Click it. I had ads on my lock screen, done 3 factory resets sets, ads would stay gone for awhile then pop back up. Cleared cache for internet, removed apps, installed pop up blocker etc. This is the only thing that fixed it. Hope that helps.
usersa2Fav4lyl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had downloaded Big Camera, and the ads started after that.  After I removed that app, the ads stopped.

userj5vTiopax4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add Smarthings to the list of apps - deleted it and back to normal

PeterWor
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you,  you should also mention that it uses the themes from 1 theme developer, in particular, when I stop and COMPLETRLY REMOVE, uninstall, by hand, every little thing related to TP.  TP now means Toilet Paper

userTEAu9a1aBM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's called "Smart Charging".  There are three dots in the upper right corner of the screen when it's active -- if you hold them down, it'll give you an option to turn it off.

uservOyjt374lr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call Flash is another app that puts advertisment on lock screen

Highlighted
Lyles
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Downloaded Dripper app and began seeing ads appear randomly on the lock screen. Just deleted app, so far, no more ads...
usergBRPw7eQEc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userTEAu9a1aBM wrote:

It's called "Smart Charging".  There are three dots in the upper right corner of the screen when it's active -- if you hold them down, it'll give you an option to turn it off.

I spent 6 hours today turning apps of and going into Google ad settings turning all the ads off in google, deleted all the new apps i put on my Samsung note 8  even blamed Handcent which i have used for over 10yrs, 

I knew the problem was with charging because putting it on my  quick charge platform or Docking station it popped up them ads, so on reading serTEAu9a1aBM ASTRONAUT solution turning of fast charge via the 3 little dots i tried it and hey presto no ads!! A BIG THANK YOU  as the next thing was resetting to factory settings. Doing the happy dance lol! ☺☺

Wop5120
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are the 3 dots? What screen?

userMzWQMFeusr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung note 8.. ads r doin my head in... on lock screen and as I swipe to unlock my phone..... any suggestions? Was gonna reset would this help

@Goldenco wrote:

When my Note 8 is fully charged, an ad show up on the lockscreen.  Not happy.  There is another post on this but it didn't work (Adhell has been removed from Google Play).