cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goldenco
Cosmic Ray

Annoying ads on my Note 8 Lockscreen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When my Note 8 is fully charged, an ad show up on the lockscreen.  Not happy.  There is another post on this but it didn't work (Adhell has been removed from Google Play).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brimmyhop
Constellation

Re: Annoying ads on my Note 8 Lockscreen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's great you found the source! I have read a lot of articles about flashlight apps being compromised with malware and spyware. The newer Samsung phones have the flashlight built in from the drop down menu so there is no reason to have a flashlight app installed now for a basic flashlight. With Bixby, i created a verbal command to turn it on or off too which is great when I'm in the dark! I had so many problems with ads on my note4 that when I first set up my note8 I made sure not to transfer those apps to the new phone.
99 REPLIES 99
Hachiko
Constellation

Annoying ads on my Note 8 Lockscreen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Check your apps. The OS doesn't contain any advertisment functionality.
Goldenco
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How does one check their apps, other than deleting each one in turn and seeing if the ad s go away?

Hachiko
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This article lists some common apps that try to place ads on your lockscreen: https://www.slashgear.com/android-ads-on-your-lockscreen-and-how-to-destroy-them-05438921/ To save you time: • Amber Weather Widget • ES App Locker • GO apps (of note: GO Weather, GO SMS, GO Keyboard, Next Browser) • Kingo Root • KittyPlay Wallpapers, Ringtones • TouchPal apps (TouchPal makes multiple keyboard apps) • Xender (file transfer app) • Zero Team apps (of note: Z Camera)
Goldenco
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. I'll try to figure it out now.

Goldenco
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found out what is putting the ads on the screen when the Note 8 is fully charged.  I was looking at my Flashlight app and in the Settings, there is a Smart Charging, with a note that says "It may contain ads".  I shut it off and hopefully the ads will not appear. Done with that annoyance!.

brimmyhop
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's great you found the source! I have read a lot of articles about flashlight apps being compromised with malware and spyware. The newer Samsung phones have the flashlight built in from the drop down menu so there is no reason to have a flashlight app installed now for a basic flashlight. With Bixby, i created a verbal command to turn it on or off too which is great when I'm in the dark! I had so many problems with ads on my note4 that when I first set up my note8 I made sure not to transfer those apps to the new phone.
user1OEl2SgOSx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes, but my phone fell out of my hands and I grabbed it by the screen, I accidentally pressed the icon for download and it was the flashlight.
userS4QGZPwFb5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the info. You were right on. My son downloaded that flashlight app, once I deleted it everything was O.K. Thanks again!

userwOh66Mapvh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

tried all the possible things from thisblog, but of no use. can anyone plz suggest a way to solve this lockscreen sudden ad issue. i was happier with iphone.