For about a month now some of my apps will not do notifications. For example, my gmail will not load mail until I go into the app. And no settings have been changed. There's a game that I play on a regular and when I'm not in the app it's suppose to notified me when an event is about to end and it will not until I open the app. I've restarted my phone several times. Anyone else have this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
@L-Clarke Have you tried wiping the cache partition?
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
I put in Safe Mode and sent an email from my Yahoo to my Gmail and it didn't notify. The email came through just didn't get a notification. It didn't pop up until I open my Gmail.