cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captainturk
Asteroid

Auto Lock Secure Folder not locking immediately each time you leave app

I'm running a Note 8 and this problem appears to have started after applying the April (Pie Update) or May security update.

For the secure folder there is an option to lock "immediately or lock automatically each time you leave app".

However, once you leave the app, then open list of executing apps, you can get back into the secure app w/o authenticating.

Also, any notifications from the secure folder displays in clear text.

The following does work:

1) If you lock the device, when it is unlocked, and select an executing secure app, it does request authentication.

2) If you set the "Auto Lock Secure Folder" to lock after 5 mins of inactivity (display is set to 10 mins), and select an executing secure app, it does request authentication then.

But if you select the "lock immediately" option, it does not lock the app "immediately" when the secure app is placed in the background.

5 REPLIES 5
Nawannabe
Asteroid

Re: Auto Lock Secure Folder not locking immediately each time you leave app

having the same issue. talked with samsung pro adviser who didnt understand what i was asking and kept telling me to clear cache and uninstall everthing and try it again. 

i asked for him to open an trouble ticket

then he started asking me for my name cell # home # and address. 

why does he need my address for a trouble ticket?

i am not sure if he works for samsung or is one of those "expert advisers" they have that typically dont know anything. 

@Captainturk 

any updates? were you able to get it to work correctly?

note 8 

sm-n950u1

one ui 1.0

oreo

n950u1ueu5dsd4/n950u1oym5dsd4/n950u1ueu5dsd4

security patch level april 1, 2019

Captainturk
Asteroid

@Nawannabe, I reached out via live chat and started a "Sm...

@Nawannabe, I reached out via live chat and started a "Smart Tutor" session. After a lot of playing with security settings, changing PIN, passwords, etc, tech support wanted to reinstall the secure folder and I said ok.

They proceeded to start but never asked me or looked to see what was the last backup. I told them to stop because I wanted to take a current back of all my secure files. I then let them take over my phone again and he started to reset my entire phone. That's when I told him to stop and I would try a different method to resolve this.

I checked with my carrier AT&T and the only thing they had was to check if secure folder needed an update which it did not. So they told me to contact Samsung which I'm doing.

I have opened 2 incidents within Samsung Members to no avail. I don't feel tech support is taking this security issue seriously.

I am running the April 1, 2019 patch level as well.

Josyula
Cosmic Ray

Re: Auto Lock Secure Folder not locking immediately each time you leave app

Same is happening for me also. I hope the would fix with June security patch. but they didn't. Did they solve your problem.?

Sha4life
Astronaut

Wow I was wondering why this was happening I did not unde...

Wow I was wondering why this was happening I did not understand

Highlighted
Josyula
Cosmic Ray

Re: Wow I was wondering why this was happening I did not unde...

even though Secure Folder is the most prestigious thing to Samsung, Why they are not fixing this immediately..? Its major flaw in their most hyped 3 layer Knox security and I don't know why Samsung is not making any noise on this issue. @SamsungAdam @SamsungZell @SamsungQue  @Nawannabe Please help us. Not only me, but @Sha4life @Captainturk  are also facing the same problem. It is clear that I'm not only the one facing this problem.