Asteroid

Re: Auto rotate in home screen note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes..is this possible to do with the microsoft launcher

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Give this a try. http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710186&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please help ll
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes i have done that...any other thoughts?  do u use microsft launcher?  and does your home screen turn in landscape mode?

thanks

ll

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, let's see if the issue is occurring during Safe Mode.  http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710180&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please help ll
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it does not rotate in safe mode either....already tried that.  do u have msft launcher? and if not can u put it on your phone and see if it rotates while in landscape mode.

i would appreciate it

thanks

ll

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have it on my phone. Maybe try removing it and see if you can rotate your homepage with the device's standard OS.

Please help ll
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i did remove it and used the main samsung one and it worked...but when i use the msft launcher i cannot get it to work.

not sure if u want to go thru the time...can u please try using the msft launcher and see if it works in landscape mode

thanks

ll

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AFAIK, the homescreen of smartphones/phablets won't auto-rorate, remaining always in portrait mode.      However, many apps will auto-rotate if auto-rotate is enabled.

On the other hand, the homescreen of tablets will auto-rotate.

mito

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed the MS Launcher on my note 8 and the homescreen does not auto-rotate.  There are no options either.

mito
Please help ll
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank you for your help mito!!  that was very nice of u to install it and try it out!!

thanks again!

now i know.

have a great day!

ll