cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

AutoClick/Ghost Touch

Hello, so I've had a galaxy note 8 since September now, I have not experienced any problems with this phone, its great overall. But recently, I would say the last 2 weeks at the most, the phone has been having a weird ghost touch/auto touch, and it would click on random apps, buttons, and many things that are within this specific area a little above the horizontal midline of my phone. I have tried turning my phone off via holding the power button and then clicking power off the normal way and restarting it, that has not worked after multiple tries. I tried to tolerate it but it just progressive gets worst and my phone as of right now gives me the biggest headache because I can't text or type anything without it bugging out and closing the keyboard while typing. I have tried to factory reset the phone to the point where I had to back everything up and basically did all the set up stuff again. I have read the other forum posts on this issue and the responses have said "Safe Mode" which I have tried and it still doesn't make a difference which is really frustrated because I basically can't use my phone without wanted to break something, its at that point. 

Edit: I'm pretty certain that this wasn't caused by a 3rd party app because during my factory reset process, while I was still entering information into the phone set up. I could barely type my email and other information, without any apps basically on my phone.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: AutoClick/Ghost Touch

Hi @userspTcTUxhY5 

Have you downloaded any new apps just before the issues started happening? Because if there is an app causing it, installing everything back on the device after a factory reset will not fix it. 

Try, If you can, to narrow an app down one by one, starting with the last app downloaded. That might help. 

Hope this helps in any way.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, I appreciate the quick response, the apps I have downloaded within the last month or non existant on my phone, except for two, which after reading your comment I have now deleted and still experience the problem. Also I added an edit to my main post at the bottom, I don't think it's an app because it was occuring during my setup process while I was entering information right after I fully factory reset my phone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Its nothing to do with apps its the phone itself, if you have insurance on your phone you need to do a claim and get a new phone because it won't correct itself

Highlighted
Asteroid

@useroKkhcOxH30 I appreciate the suggestion and this will definitely be in my head, I just want to solve this issue without completely giving up on this phone, but I will remember this and if it doesn't get fixed I will for sure do this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem with an S10, after doing some research I found it was the keyboard. So I installed a different keyboard and the problem went away.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Samsung_xmMWVWm I will try this solution next, where can I find a safe keyboard, for example like one where I don't have to download it off a sketchy website or anything. Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Samsung_xmMWVWm It was fairly simple to install a keyboard, but the problem is still there and the keyboard didn't make a difference, I appreciate the response though

Highlighted
Astronaut

You could factory reset it but only download the necessary apps and if it you don't notice anything you sound be good but stay away from certain apps and read the reviews of the app

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Fry_French_A Even without any apps or anything on my phone while I was still in the setup mode like I just took my phone out of the box, I was getting frustrated at the fact of me not being able to type because I would still have the problem, so that's why I don't believe its a certain app(s) that is causing this problem to occur.