Backing up App Samsung Notes on Note 8 when Verizon is Carrier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maris
Cosmic Ray

Re: Backing up App Samsung Notes on Note 8 when Verizon is Carrier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung switch is more than just connecting two phones. after you open it on your phone look to the upper right and tap which gives the option to back up to your external S D card. That will backup your files perfectly.

6 REPLIES 6
pj7109
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I discovered Verizon does not allow you to use the Samsung Cloud? Which WOULD backup that new note app replacing the S notes program called Samsung Note.  While I hab e Verizon Cloud it appears not to back that program up!!!! That's crazy.  When I contacted Samsung  they suggested I try calling Google to see if that cloud service would be compatible....No such luck.  Samsung, Google, & Verizon all advise using the Samsung Switch app which is nothing more than connecting two devices together and doing a data transfer! So my question is would there be another 3rd party app that could provide cloud service compatible for the new Samsung Note App?

Maris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung switch is more than just connecting two phones. after you open it on your phone look to the upper right and tap which gives the option to back up to your external S D card. That will backup your files perfectly.

pj7109
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much!

userMgFt3jkQ9E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I used samsung switch to change phones. Now I am locked out and will lose all my data. Does the Samsung Switch save any of the data from when I transfered my stuff???
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMgFt3jkQ9E; Hey, did the transfer complete? Which phone are you locked out of, the old or the new? At what point were you locked out of your phone? Also, check out the link below for more information on Smart Switch. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

Bill1kc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's funny that i heard that just because you have verizon the samsung not app will not back up on samsung acxoubt which is false. My backed up 1 time and then quit. I have old items backes up but it will not doing it again for some reason. I lost my internet and had to wipe my phone to get it back and when i down loaded everything I had backed up I was surprised to find my Samsung notes app only downloaded half of what I had there. If it can do it once there has to be. Way for it to happen again. I think it' bull crap just because I have verizon I don' have Samsung cloud or Samsung find your phone.