cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBOSS
Asteroid

Bad Device or Battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samsung cs gave me trouble tips that did not work. Looked on youtube and found instructions to get note8 battery to recharge. Place device on wireless charger/dock, then plug in usb charger....it started charging... really?

Now that my phome is charging again...SAMSUNG SUPPORT I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE IMMEDIATELY. Please provide assistance.

https://youtu.be/-U9Hllcrwgw

UPDATE 2 10/23/18: Push VOLUME DOWN + POWER at the same time to restart your phone. If it has ZERO power it will not restart. Instead, use the wireless charger and leave on there for a while. Then plug in the phone as it's left on the wireless charger at the same time, and do the Volume Down + ...
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaBOSS
Asteroid

Re: Bad Device or Battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried both separately, no luck. Then I placed the phone on the wireless charger...the plugged in the wall charger simultaneously....wait for it...

...........after about 5 seconds it started to charge. Since then no issues using either charger. Having to jump start a phone 3 months old isn't cool. Must be a defective charging system. SAMSUNG please replace my device. (By the way this is my 2nd note8 in 8 months)

Vr

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The manufacturer's warranty is for repair only, we would be happy to set you up for service. Please send us a private message here: Link

DaBOSS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I was able to get my device charging again. I am looking to get a new/different phone without a defective battery. This is my second Note8. The first one had to be replaced due to the same issue, the battery. I dont want to have to come out of pocket another $600-$1200 for another phone with a defective charging sys/battery.

Vr

DaBOSS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I select the link provided the app closes out.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you know it's the battery and not the wireless charger? Have you tried charging directly plugged into the wall without wirless charger?

DaBOSS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried both separately, no luck. Then I placed the phone on the wireless charger...the plugged in the wall charger simultaneously....wait for it...

...........after about 5 seconds it started to charge. Since then no issues using either charger. Having to jump start a phone 3 months old isn't cool. Must be a defective charging system. SAMSUNG please replace my device. (By the way this is my 2nd note8 in 8 months)

Vr

DaBOSS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung customer support and ATT store rep confirmed phone was dead due to battery. Told only options were to replace battery or upgrade to Note9...