cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhj7VIAOt9r
Constellation

Battery charging is slow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi my battery is taking 3 hours to charge with the same adaptive fast charger from the box. I also do not have one of those battery estimates on the notifications plane when I scroll down.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Battery charging is slow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userhj7VIAOt9r , welcome to the community!

Have you checked to make sure that fast charging is enabled? You can do this by going to Settings>General Maintenance>Battery. Then tap the upper right hand corner for settings. In there should be a slider that will allow you to turn fast charging on and off, make sure it is enabled.

7 REPLIES 7
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userhj7VIAOt9r , welcome to the community!

Have you checked to make sure that fast charging is enabled? You can do this by going to Settings>General Maintenance>Battery. Then tap the upper right hand corner for settings. In there should be a slider that will allow you to turn fast charging on and off, make sure it is enabled.

userhj7VIAOt9r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the cable was worn down. Replaced with new usb to usb c cable and works well. Still don't have charge estimator it might have been and android update killed it.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhj7VIAOt9r

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, but glad that you were able to resolve that concern.

userenuh9qmiyy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's on and still slow charging.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userenuh9qmiyy Thank you for reaching out! Can you confirm that you are using the USB cable and charging box that originally came with the device?

Have your device experienced any liquid or physical damage to the charger port or USB cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPRKfgl7DMd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just an FYI, if you have a case with a magnet that you would use for a car mount. If the magnet is on the case, the magnet will inhibit the fast charge and only slow charge. I dealt with a similar issue, for a couple weeks, and when I changed the phone cover without a magnet my fast charging came back. 

Autokrator
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few months ago my fast charging suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. I tried everything to fix it to no avail. In the end I decided to buy a new charger and that was the problem. Now my fast charging works perfectly again. Not sure what went wrong with my original charger as I looked after it as well as I possibly could have done.