Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

I'm also on Verizon.

I'm also on Verizon.

userZ5K8GHbq0V
Constellation

Re: I'm also on Verizon.

Thank you for sharing. If 2 or more people respond as a Verizon customer, I believe I know what the problem is.

Hang in there.

If I'm right it will be the toughest fight ever for us to get Android (Google) to listen and act. 

Fortunately, I have a very big mouth and am quite tenacious.

Take care and fingers crossed. 🤞

userYrFgrxxRcU
Constellation

I'm seeing the same problem on my S8+ after the Pie update. 
Email seems to be using a lot of battery even with just 1 minute of recorded active usage but, essentially, continuous background usage. Email syncing on both configured email accounts is set to "Manual".

And, yes, my phone is on Verizon. 

Am on AT&T and have same isue, nothing to do with carrier. The culprits are two programs."Samsung Experience home, (uses 33%) and (one UI Home, (uses 27%) in a day of the phone just sitting with no apps running in background..  

usercrkct8nD7b
Constellation

Verizon as carrier, same issue battery drainage. It's cle...

Verizon as carrier, same issue battery drainage. It's clear to me, it doesn't matter what carrier you're on but I've noticed that everytime a new phone comes out, there's an update that makes people feel like their phones are broken causing people to upgrade to the newest phone as if you're not already getting enough money from us buying your phones. Just ridiculous. Will be switching to an IPHONE on my next purchase.

userZ5K8GHbq0V
Constellation

Re: Verizon as carrier, same issue battery drainage. It's cle...

Oh but it is. Most carriers use Verizon towers for their coverage. There is specific code required to access each tower. My guess is the software access to these towers causes a looping routine execution to constantly try to access the tower.

On the flip side the same code is on the Verizon phones, which it doesn't need because it already is Verizon. It should have straight access to the towers but instead is trying to access them using code for the other carriers.

The final problem is more bad software in Android 9.0 that accesses Google Play Services. It is defective, and instead of coordinating Google apps and services as it's designed to do, it turns on applications in the background you may have physically turned off and starts the drain.

BTW last night I charged my phone to 100% turned everything off so it was just in standby. It completely drained in 4 hrs and 31 minutes. And yes I went through all the "steps". They don't work. As a result my battery is damaged beyond repair. It only takes a surface charge like your car battery when you have to keep jump starting it. Tomorrow I will get a new free one from Verizon. Trust Me.

To the poster that gave advice about not letting your Lithium ion batteries go to zero. They can go to zero with no damage. It's the NiCads that need to be exercised. 

Good luck I've already contacted The CEO of Samsung mobile. He doesn't care. They told me to send in my phone. So what am I supposed to use in the meantime? Exactly 😬

Good luck all.

useraErSB9CiGw
Astronaut

Re: Battery drain after Pie update

I can't believe my phone is too hot to touch while charging after this new update; make a call and immediate have to  charge again.  The batter running down so fast becaue of this PIE update.

Can uninstall or fix anythinng on my phone as the features are not there anymore.  Also, there is a banner runner across the top left ofmy screen and it is runninng fast and saying verizon.  Tht might be the erason why my battery is running down.  I need to stop it and I want my phone back.  Verizon, you have not heard the last of me.

mooloo75
Astronaut

I have TWO samsung galaxy S7 and we are having this issue as well!!!! Never had an issue with my phones! When i called ATT they tell me i need to file a claim and pay $168 per phone!!!!!!!!! WHAT?? This is a software update issue I should not have to pay to have my phone replaced with most likely the same phone which will have the same issue! APPLE was sued not too long ago over doing this to phones so that it forced people to upgrade their phones. Which is what ATT is telling me I will have to do! I can not explain how mad I am since one phone just got paid off last month and the other one has 9 more months to pay it off!!!! UNEXCEPTABLE! And Samsung your respone is a slap in our faces!!!!!

5b044a9acb67f.jpeg

Samsung Moderator 
Samsung Moderator

@user2h2M4SOESP Have you tried all of these troubleshooting steps here?

• Turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi when not in use.
  • Turn on Airplane Mode when connectivity isn't needed.
  • Turn off Background Data.
  • Turn off Auto Sync.
  • Adjust Location settings or disable Location.
  • Reduce Brightness.
  • Turn on Auto-Brightness.
  • Decrease screen timeout settings.
  • Turn on a power saving mode.
  • Turn off any themes with animations or a large file size.
  • Turn off live wallpaper.

I used to LOVE samsung now i am looking at other options since this is your response. I even called into the service center and they basically told me to etiher upgrade my phone...drive 40 miles to a samsung store.... or wait for the next update which she did not know when that would be or if it would fix the issue. 

PS also my phone is so hot you can cook an egg on it when charging!!!

Highlighted
userToBv0OxSzP
Constellation

I hope they send out a fix for this soon, I hate having to plug it in half the day.  Last week I could use my phone all day and still have 70% left in the evening.

@userlGqpO88mLh wrote:

Since the Verizon Android Pie update a week ago, on two occasions so far, the battery on my phone has completely died in a matter of hours. Both times while the phone was not in use by me, but while it was sitting still and not actively being used. It never did that prior to the Pie update. I've downloaded no new apps whatsoever, they are the same ones I've had forever. Does anyone have a remedy for this?

usereN3jnQOY1d
Constellation

Same issue here but on a Galaxy Tab A, wifi only. Used to get 3+ days of battery when in standby/sleep. Now, just an hour or so and it's drained.