Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Battery replacement compatibility Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello dear people.

I have a hard question that I have no idea who can help and I hope that maybe you can give an answer here. Apologies for my English with the Google dictionary. I have a Galaxy Note 8 with a fast running battery. I bought a battery but the SKU came in a bit different, I am trying to figure out if it is okay and does anyone still know the differences.

The original SKU is EB-BN950ABE and the SKU I received from a eBay dealer is EB-BN950ABA ie with A instead of E at the end. Another difference is that one says SDI and the other TSDI. Know what the differences are and is everything okay?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Battery replacement compatibility Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only difference I am seeing between them is the region they are sold in. However, they are both 3,300 mah and the EB-BN950ABA should work fine.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userPBTbzZkJVY 

So the OEM battery for the Note 8 is EB-BN950ABE. I would highly recommend getting a n Official Samsung battery replacement, not from a 3rd party like eBay.

Getting the correct battery will ensure complete compatability with your device. I'm not saying a 3rd party battery will not work, but if you want to feel safe, get an OEM.

Hope this info was helpful.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for the response. You're right but I didn't know where to get an original battery. I do not think that any Ibi dealer can be bad. He wrote that it is original and has over 4000 sales.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Samsung-Galaxy-J7-S3-S5-S6-S7-Edge-S10-Plus-Note-4-5-8-9-OEM-Batte...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The question is whether there is a way to know the difference between the SKUs

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only difference I am seeing between them is the region they are sold in. However, they are both 3,300 mah and the EB-BN950ABA should work fine.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your answer.
One last point. After what the friend above wrote I am a little apprehensive because I bought from a third party and not from an authorized dealer. Is there any risk whatsoever and can you tell is it original?