Original topic:

Battery replacement compatibility Please help

(Topic created: 04-16-2020 08:55 AM)
userPBTbzZkJVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello dear people.

I have a hard question that I have no idea who can help and I hope that maybe you can give an answer here. Apologies for my English with the Google dictionary. I have a Galaxy Note 8 with a fast running battery. I bought a battery but the SKU came in a bit different, I am trying to figure out if it is okay and does anyone still know the differences.

The original SKU is EB-BN950ABE and the SKU I received from a eBay dealer is EB-BN950ABA ie with A instead of E at the end. Another difference is that one says SDI and the other TSDI. Know what the differences are and is everything okay?

0 Likes
6 Replies
MB-837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @userPBTbzZkJVY 

So the OEM battery for the Note 8 is EB-BN950ABE. I would highly recommend getting a n Official Samsung battery replacement, not from a 3rd party like eBay.

Getting the correct battery will ensure complete compatability with your device. I'm not saying a 3rd party battery will not work, but if you want to feel safe, get an OEM.

Hope this info was helpful.

0 Likes
userPBTbzZkJVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks so much for the response. You're right but I didn't know where to get an original battery. I do not think that any Ibi dealer can be bad. He wrote that it is original and has over 4000 sales.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Samsung-Galaxy-J7-S3-S5-S6-S7-Edge-S10-Plus-Note-4-5-8-9-OEM-Batte...

0 Likes
userPBTbzZkJVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The question is whether there is a way to know the difference between the SKUs

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The only difference I am seeing between them is the region they are sold in. However, they are both 3,300 mah and the EB-BN950ABA should work fine.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPBTbzZkJVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for your answer.
One last point. After what the friend above wrote I am a little apprehensive because I bought from a third party and not from an authorized dealer. Is there any risk whatsoever and can you tell is it original?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes