cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jennifer01
Astronaut

Bixby Feature

Does anyone elses Bixby randomly come on like you are asking a question whenever there is silence and their phone is out of their hands? Mine will record things that arent being said. Even if there is complete silence. What is this all about???

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby Feature

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried to force stop and clear the cache on the Bixby app?

Navigate to your settings > apps > find all the Bixby apps like Bixby Home, Bixby Voice etc > force stop each individual app > storage > clear cache on each app.

I hope this helped. Smiley Happy

Jennifer01
Astronaut

This did not help! Anymore suggestions? Also yesterday wh...

This did not help! Anymore suggestions? Also yesterday whenever I tried to view this post it wasnt showing. Has my phone been hacked!? The diagnostic testing jumps around to different numbers and will not finish testing on the cell phone ping part of the diagnostic testing it will jump from 108 then back to 100 then to 111 then back to 99

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: This did not help! Anymore suggestions? Also yesterday wh...

Have you attempted to factory reset the device? Please make sure to back up all of your data prior to doing so.

Sun

Re: This did not help! Anymore suggestions? Also yesterday wh...

Hey, 

I don't think you've been hacked. 

I've noticed that your using the members app for running diagnostics. It's not you it's the app. I had some similar issues with it, high battery, memory and cpu usage especially when it gets lost while it's running diagnostics or calculating battery usage stats. I try it once every few months and if it still has issues I uninstall it.

CLF 

Sun

Re: Bixby Feature

Hey, 

I know you have probably already checked the Bixby voice settings and made sure it's not set to always listening it should be set to never. 

Have you tried turning Bixby voice wake up off and use only the Bixby key to wake it up. 

I set it up as the default device assistance app and and set it to open by holding the home button so I never say hi Bixby or long press the Bixby button. It opens the floating Bixby icon at the top of the page, accepts voice and quick commands, executes them then closes itself.

If it still randomly opens with Bixby voice listening set to never or turned off then I would consider cleaning the cache and data for every Bixby app, power off and back on and set Bixby up again. What a pain. In the past I've also had to uninstall the the latest version updates, clear the cache and data, reinstall the the new versions and go thru the setup process again. An even bigger pain.

CLF 

Samsung_oPLqWTn
Constellation

Yes, I had the same thing happen. I just disabled Bixby a...

Yes, I had the same thing happen. I just disabled Bixby and its features. Not really a solution if you want it, but I dont use it anyway. Just replying to let you know its happened to someone else.

Samsung_0MYwaNM
Astronaut

Yes, I had the same issue just this past week. My Bixby b...

Yes, I had the same issue just this past week. My Bixby button does not work at all for some reason. Bixby would randomly wake up every few minutes as if I pressed the button to summon it and it would start recording anything spoken. I also had an occassion where it worked for about one day and then it stopped working again. It got really annoying and drained the battery.

I tried every and all suggested fixes before resorting to doing a Smart Switch backup to PC followed by a factory reset and then restore. The issue has appeared to stop but my Bixby button still does not work.

My phone is in perfect condition and always has had a good case on it, but it seems my Bixby button is malfuntioning.

I may be thinking Apple next time.