cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxCtaQCjGlw
Constellation

Bixby dictation removed after update!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How dare you remove the entire reason I bought this phone Samsung. The keyboard dictation was fantastic and now it doesnt exist after the April 2019 update. I ignored your update notifications until today now roll it back officially for your users or go out of buisness because this is a real quick way to do it, and I will laugh just like when aviation safeguards went out of buisness for the entire west coast!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userxCtaQCjGlw
Constellation

Re: Bixby dictation removed after update!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was trying to do it from the Bixby home screen. It isn't the same thing obviously. Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should still have it you might need to turn it back on 

Single or double tap the Bixby button then click the 3 dots on the right then settings then scroll down till you see it Screenshot_20190414-215434_Bixby Voice.jpg

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
userxCtaQCjGlw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was trying to do it from the Bixby home screen. It isn't the same thing obviously. Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy I was able to solve your problem 

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
Samsung_fph3klC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wait a minute, because my problem is that the "dictate" voice command, specifically, was removed.  I understand how to turn on the keyboard dictation function, but that requires pulling up the keyboard.  This both a.) defeats the purpose of trying to operate hands free via voice command, and b.) prevents the user from issuing any other voice commands while a keyboard is open.  If I am missing a solution here, please let me know.

userGTE7IspYOl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree!!  This is just one of many issues from this last update (April 2019) Shame on you Samsung for forcing this update with so many radical changes WITHOUT the option to return to the previous version. My phone looks and feels more like an Apple product than ever. SHAME ON SAMSUNG.

Highlighted
Samsung_dPfe1XN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why was bixby removed after update