cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userNIWXK5euGo
Asteroid

Black Crush Issue

So I noticed that my Note 8 recently started showing the black crush issue. It never had this problem before but I think it started when I updated my phone with the march patch. Is there any fix to this? Blacks don't seem to transition well to lighter colors. I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem since it never really had this problem before. I even remember watching shows in netflix with no problem. I'm also on the latest version of One ui with the april update.

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Black Crush Issue

@userNIWXK5euGo Does this issue still show up in safe mode?

userNIWXK5euGo
Asteroid

I just tried it out on safe mode and the problem still persist. Black crush is still apparent.  I assure that it wasn't like this before. I'm just not sure when it started appearning but I noticed.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

And just to confirm, no change if you clear the cache of the apps this happens with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNIWXK5euGo
Asteroid

Yup i actually did a factory reset and still the problem persist. When I even use a high resolution image as my wallpaper in the homescreen and lockscreen, black crush still persist.

userNIWXK5euGo
Asteroid

Will this be fixed in the upcoming may update? Please consider fixing this.

userZnA2TuMSF2
Constellation

My S8+ just developed the black crush problem as well. I'm not sure what brought it on as I don't remember if I did an update before I noticed it. I have cleared cache, updated to one UI, started in safe mode, all to no avail.

It wasn't like this before. All images were perfectly clear, no problems or blemishes whatsoever.

Please help us solve this issue. It's really terrible.

userfQYVB5wEMi
Constellation

Even my S9+ Plus developed this black crush issue after the march update. Samsung please fix this. I'm hoping this to be a software related issue as many of us noticed this after the march update and hope this could be fixed through future update. Please address this issue Samsung.
userIBlmNhEaw5
Asteroid

My S9+ has also had this annoying black crush issue recently. I guess the March or April update on One UI ruined my phone display in the dark. I hope Samsung is listening to us and will release a fix ASAP.

Samsung_RJt4hfZ
Astronaut

Sorry not familiar with the Black Crush issue. Could you...

Sorry not familiar with the Black Crush issue. Could you provide more of a description? Do you mean when the screen displays the color black it is not a deep black?