cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVPrqaccqw7
Asteroid

Bluetooth Note 8 Car Microphone Not Working - Works fine in other car and with headset.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model SM-N950U

Baseband version   N950USQU3CRC2

Android version 8.0.0

Here's the problem - I pair the phone with my 2012 VW.  Streaming audio works fine.  Making calls dials the phone and I can hear them but they can't hear me.  Phone command button in the car (press button, hear bling, say "Call dad at home") never hears me.  

Verified:

1.  unpairing / repairing does nothing

2.  trying in safe mode does nothing

3.  using a different phone works fine with 2012 VW

4.  using this phone in a 2007 Prius works fine (i.e., car microphone works via BT) - note:  2007 Prius does not support streaming BT audio

5.  pairing the phone with a headset works fine (headset microphone works via BT)

Help please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userVPrqaccqw7
Asteroid

Re: Bluetooth Note 8 Car Microphone Not Working - Works fine in other car and with headset.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It started working.  I have no idea why.  After about 3 days it just -worked-.  I didn't unpair and re-pair or anything.  Perhaps a new version of something was pushed out and installed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

Re: Bluetooth Note 8 Car Microphone Not Working - Works fine in other car and with headset.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userVPrqaccqw7

Sounds like it's specific to your VW's microphone. Have you reached out the manufacturer to see what they have to suggest?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userVPrqaccqw7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it's not the VW's microphone.  The VW's microphone works fine with other BT phones including my 3 1/2 year old Motorola.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting that it works with other phones, and the Note8 works with other car microphones. Such a strange problem that just those two together don't work. Hmm, let's see if anyone else in the Community has seen this and have any ideas on what might get it fixed.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userVPrqaccqw7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It started working.  I have no idea why.  After about 3 days it just -worked-.  I didn't unpair and re-pair or anything.  Perhaps a new version of something was pushed out and installed.

View solution in original post

userc00eRj8n5j
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same Mic issue with my note 8.

My Note 8 worked perfectly with 2016 Renault trafic media Nav for the first 2 month. Then I had pairing issues for a period. It pairs 3 components seperately, Media, Contacts and phone. Sometimes only 1 would pair, sometimes 2 and sometimes 3. Usually unpairing and repairing fixed it for a week or so before problem returned. Then repairing failed to fix it. I went to renault website and downloaded the latest software and upgraded the MediaNav. Didnt work. Safe mode doesnt work. I tried Android Auto, which works with the Media Nav but the Mic still doesnt work. 

Note 3 and A7 both work fine and Mic works for them. The Note 8 works fine on ford mondeo. It seems that the Note 8 turns off the Mic on the Renault Media Nav. Is there a setting that is causing this. Its strange that it worked initially.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated the Bluetooth software in your car?