cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMNhg0qVg5u
Astronaut

Re: Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too. I called Samsung (Canada). They say they don't cover "physical damage," but I too, was simply holding it as it was meant to be used...not even firmly, when it simply fell apart.

I have a "transaction" number as they say they will "kick it up" to management. We'll see....

usercxtmgdRbca
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my $1600 AUD note 8 for a month. Most money I've ever spent on hardware. I purchased a spare (genuine) pen for $80 AUD so I could maintain my new phone deal and purchase a new Samsung in a year if mines in reasonable condition. Using nothing more then 3 fingers to write like you would with ANY pen with next to no pressure BOTH pens have snapped at the top. The reason I payed for this phone was the pen and two didn't last a month. I feel I've been let down by a company I've been loyal too all my life. Your not the only ones. This pen has cost me my entire phone plan deal if I'm correct as they see a broken pen as not being everyday use. Which it was.

Danagirl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my third pen for my Note 8 and not happy. Samsung basically says I'm out of luck. For a 1k phone I would think they would be a little more accommodating.

Danagirl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my third pen for my Note 8 and not happy. Samsung basically says I'm out of luck. For a 1k phone I would think they would be a little more accommodating.

manny_morales
Astronaut

Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
literally just happened. such bs we have to but another and isn't covered by warranty
usern4YMBsNsAx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pre-ordered my Note 8, experienced issues with the screen, after 2 months I received a replacement. Then my s-pen simply breaks apart while I'm using it before I even have the phone for a month. There's no need to press hard on the screen so I really don't understand how it could have snapped so easily. I had my Note 5 s-pen for atleast 2 years with no issues. 

Since Samsung wont replace faulty components of a $1000 dollar phone, Amazon has the replacement Samsung S-pen for the Note 8 on sale for $30. 

Even after I receive a replacement, I'll be scared to use it but the notification for my missing s-pen is getting annoying. 

Highlighted
userNnC1eiwJu6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4YMBsNsAx wrote:

Pre-ordered my Note 8, experienced issues with the screen, after 2 months I received a replacement. Then my s-pen simply breaks apart while I'm using it before I even have the phone for a month. There's no need to press hard on the screen so I really don't understand how it could have snapped so easily. I had my Note 5 s-pen for atleast 2 years with no issues. 

Since Samsung wont replace faulty components of a $1000 dollar phone, Amazon has the replacement Samsung S-pen for the Note 8 on sale for $30. 

Even after I receive a replacement, I'll be scared to use it but the notification for my missing s-pen is getting annoying. 

Is the S pen for your Note 5 compatible with the Note 8? I'm in need of a replacement pen on my note 8 and all the pictures of both pens look identical to me. Just really don't want to spend more than I have to... Please respond at your convenience. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Best,

Lauren 

Offgrid
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will work with the Note 8 but will not fit inside. I have both, seems the Note 5 version is a bit fatter.

@userNnC1eiwJu6 wrote:

@usern4YMBsNsAx wrote:

Is the S pen for your Note 5 compatible with the Note 8? I'm in need of a replacement pen on my note 8 and all the pictures of both pens look identical to me. Just really don't want to spend more than I have to... Please respond at your convenience. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Best,

Lauren 

AObravo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Broken s pen as well. Same thing happened to my cousin 

userUsBUlUbQlc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. From what I can tell they all break in exactly the same place