cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never had that happen and I had mine for a month. I pull it out daily and on more than one occasion. I'm curious if it's the spring load mechanism and tolerance around the point of breakage. Maybe something there caused it to fail?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine too. I called Samsung (Canada). They say they don't cover "physical damage," but I too, was simply holding it as it was meant to be used...not even firmly, when it simply fell apart.

I have a "transaction" number as they say they will "kick it up" to management. We'll see....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my $1600 AUD note 8 for a month. Most money I've ever spent on hardware. I purchased a spare (genuine) pen for $80 AUD so I could maintain my new phone deal and purchase a new Samsung in a year if mines in reasonable condition. Using nothing more then 3 fingers to write like you would with ANY pen with next to no pressure BOTH pens have snapped at the top. The reason I payed for this phone was the pen and two didn't last a month. I feel I've been let down by a company I've been loyal too all my life. Your not the only ones. This pen has cost me my entire phone plan deal if I'm correct as they see a broken pen as not being everyday use. Which it was.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my third pen for my Note 8 and not happy. Samsung basically says I'm out of luck. For a 1k phone I would think they would be a little more accommodating.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on my third pen for my Note 8 and not happy. Samsung basically says I'm out of luck. For a 1k phone I would think they would be a little more accommodating.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
literally just happened. such bs we have to but another and isn't covered by warranty
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pre-ordered my Note 8, experienced issues with the screen, after 2 months I received a replacement. Then my s-pen simply breaks apart while I'm using it before I even have the phone for a month. There's no need to press hard on the screen so I really don't understand how it could have snapped so easily. I had my Note 5 s-pen for atleast 2 years with no issues. 

Since Samsung wont replace faulty components of a $1000 dollar phone, Amazon has the replacement Samsung S-pen for the Note 8 on sale for $30. 

Even after I receive a replacement, I'll be scared to use it but the notification for my missing s-pen is getting annoying. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern4YMBsNsAx wrote:

Pre-ordered my Note 8, experienced issues with the screen, after 2 months I received a replacement. Then my s-pen simply breaks apart while I'm using it before I even have the phone for a month. There's no need to press hard on the screen so I really don't understand how it could have snapped so easily. I had my Note 5 s-pen for atleast 2 years with no issues. 

Since Samsung wont replace faulty components of a $1000 dollar phone, Amazon has the replacement Samsung S-pen for the Note 8 on sale for $30. 

Even after I receive a replacement, I'll be scared to use it but the notification for my missing s-pen is getting annoying. 

Is the S pen for your Note 5 compatible with the Note 8? I'm in need of a replacement pen on my note 8 and all the pictures of both pens look identical to me. Just really don't want to spend more than I have to... Please respond at your convenience. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Best,

Lauren 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will work with the Note 8 but will not fit inside. I have both, seems the Note 5 version is a bit fatter.

@userNnC1eiwJu6 wrote:

@usern4YMBsNsAx wrote:

Is the S pen for your Note 5 compatible with the Note 8? I'm in need of a replacement pen on my note 8 and all the pictures of both pens look identical to me. Just really don't want to spend more than I have to... Please respond at your convenience. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Best,

Lauren 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Broken s pen as well. Same thing happened to my cousin