Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ladygoshawk
Asteroid

Button on Note 8 S Pen Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Note 8 for two days. I'm new to the Note line and the S Pen, so only today did I discover that the button on the Pen is supposed to open the Air Command menu. Mine does not and hasn't since I got the phone. I think the Pen is otherwise working perfectly normally, but I really thought the button was merely to do with detecting the Pen in the slot until today! I've clicked it a number of times and had absolutely nothing happen. Searches on a number of Samsung sites and forums haven't helped. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XCALIBUR
Halo

Re: Button on Note 8 S Pen Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly!

The Note offers a huge variety of the very best of what Samsung has to offer. The beat suggestion I can offer to you is take out your s-pen and place it close enough to the screen where you see a little circle appear.

About the size of this    °    and then click the button located on the side closest to the tip of the s-pen. Please be sure your not confusing it with the clicky end that is used for ejecting the pen. 

Let me know if this helps you....😎

27 REPLIES 27
XCALIBUR
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly!

The Note offers a huge variety of the very best of what Samsung has to offer. The beat suggestion I can offer to you is take out your s-pen and place it close enough to the screen where you see a little circle appear.

About the size of this    °    and then click the button located on the side closest to the tip of the s-pen. Please be sure your not confusing it with the clicky end that is used for ejecting the pen. 

Let me know if this helps you....😎

Ladygoshawk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I knew about the pointer dot, have used it several times to preview information, etc. Now, however, I also know that the pointer dot has to hover over the Air Command button on the screen in order for the side button press to open the menu. Seems a little redundant considering that from that distance I could just tap the button to get the same result. With that caveat, your answer helped me work it out! Thanks! 

PagePlusDeals
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! that is what worked for me. i didnt know my finger touched the button on the middle of the s pen and it turns it on and off along with air command. thanks again!

user9BJt9BBUe2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately this did not work for me. Air command is still greyed out and I cannot find a suitable work around. Please help

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"If the Air command menu does not open when the S Pen is detatched from the device or when hovering the S Pen over the screen with the S Pen button pressed, the customer may have disabled Air command on the device. To enable or disable Air command, from the Home screen touch Apps > Settings > S Pen > Air command."

usernONQp7FBBq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The note 8 s-pen I noticed stalls or freezes sometime during texting on certain letters. Anyone else noticed this? I'm using a samsung theme that may be the culprit.

Mintjulep
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the Note 8 since 9/7/17, and by 9/8/17, the phone began notifying me I had left my pen behind (even though it was clearly installed in the phone), and the air command feature works sometimes and sometimes does not.  I conacted Samsung who told me to return the pen and then they would send me a new one (14 days later!!!).  By the way, Samsung's return policy states you only have 14 days to request to return the phone, so this would have put me past that time frame.  I have requested a return label (which they said would take 3-5 business days to email me.  Samsung's customer service department was awful to deal with.  BUYER BEWARE!

Mintjulep
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the Note 8 since 9/7/17, and by 9/8/17, the phone began notifying me I had left my pen behind (even though it was clearly installed in the phone), and the air command feature works sometimes and sometimes does not.  I conacted Samsung who told me to return the pen and then they would send me a new one (14 days later!!!).  By the way, Samsung's return policy states you only have 14 days to request to return the phone, so this would have put me past that time frame.  I have requested a return label (which they said would take 3-5 business days to email me). Samsung's customer service experience was horrible.   BUYER BEWARE!

userREaPuyDpq6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My problems are even worse. I get the message that the S pen is left behind at least 10 times a day and I only had the phone for 3 days. Now, the frraking S pen. I turned on all options under S pen. But when I pull the pen out, nothing happens. I texted chat the so-called "expert" customer service. He/she recommended to clear cache. I did that but the problem is not solved. I am thinking of return the phone & go back to iphone. First time switching to Note 8 after all these yrs with iphone because of all the hypes about note 8. However, Samsung does not impress me. Big disappointment.