cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ItsMe_JoeAllen
Asteroid

CAN'T DELETE APP AFTER FACTORY RESET

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know how to delete apps even after you did a factory reset?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CAN'T DELETE APP AFTER FACTORY RESET

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. The app can be deleted. However, settings, apps, show system apps, shows the facebook app installer and the facebook app manager  which are part of the system and can't be deleted. If someone does not use facebook or the facebook app, I would suggest to disable these as well. If not disabled, even when app is deleted or uninstalled, they are using data in the background. Very little, but none the less still uses data.

8 REPLIES 8
Kevin Abreu
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which app are you trying to remove?

ItsMe_JoeAllen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Facebook and Instagram. The only option is to disable the apps. I want them completely gone.

Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can only disable facebook app manager. But is you installed the actual facebook app you can delete, as well as instagram. Press and hold in your Bixby button and say, delete the facebook app, and the same for instagram. It will take you straight to the settings to delete the app.

ItsMe_JoeAllen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby button?

I downloaded these apps.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @ItsMe_JoeAllen, if you downloaded these apps, you can delete them by following these steps:

Settings > Apps > Facebook > Uninstall.

You can do the same for Instagram. Thanks for reaching out!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. The app can be deleted. However, settings, apps, show system apps, shows the facebook app installer and the facebook app manager  which are part of the system and can't be deleted. If someone does not use facebook or the facebook app, I would suggest to disable these as well. If not disabled, even when app is deleted or uninstalled, they are using data in the background. Very little, but none the less still uses data.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When it says disable only, then disable as they are system apps and cant be deleted. It's ok, as it's not the app. Just disable. If it's an app, you will have option to delete.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you sure your not trying to remove a system app or an app that can't be uninstalled? Can you please tell us what the app is ? Thanks.