cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Calls not being received by various callers....

My carrier is AT&T...They have checked over the phone 3 times. I am missing many calls since around Feb. of this year. Some go straight to voice mail, some go no where though they hear the voice mail option. Some I get voice mail without the phone ringing at all.... Texting seems to be the only way I can connect to people but that is not always working either... I have a business and I have lost some customers due to this problem. They don't get my call and I do not get thiers.  Phone numbers that can not reach me are not being blocked. My phone is like a personal computer so I am afraid to wipe it clean for the loss of all programs I use.... Besides, some people on line said that did not work for them....
Any suggestions? Is there an actual Samsung Phone repair that is not part of a carrier like AT&T, etc. in Daytona Beach, Fl 32117

PS: since all this has been happening, other people with different phones and carriers are having similar problems. Many just think they need a new phone. I paid $950 for the Galaxy Note 8 pre ordered.... I cannot upgrade now.... But missing so many calls is getting very old...

In jest, I just tell everyone the Corona-19 Virus is in our electronic devices now....

Please, sombody tell me there is a solution.... 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Calls not being received by various callers....

That sounds like a carrier issue, if you can get your hands on another SIM try it and see what happens.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Not a carrier issue. The sim from my S10+ is working just fine in an iPhone XS Max 

Highlighted
Asteroid

AT&T sent me a new sim card and that did not help.... They also went into the phone via the internet and could not find the problem....

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy S10+! Don't let anyone on here tell you that this is a carrier issue. They offer zero evidence or reason for why this is happening! A buddy of mine is having the same problem on his S9+ on a different carrier. This is a SAMSUNG ISSUE. I missed 2 very important calls from my doctor because of this. I ended up switching to an iPhone and while it is not my preference, I simply cannot be missing calls like this. I have missed zero calls on the iPhone with the same service and the same SIM card. I reached out to Samsung and they want me to pay for repairs when this clearly should be considered a manufacturer defect. It seems like a fundamental software issue with the Samsung phone app but I can't be sure. Factory resets and network resets have been recommended but those on this forum that have recommended such actions have offered ZERO reason for how these solutions will fix the issue. I love my S10+, I wish I could use it every day still but I can't trust any Samsung phone to consistently accept incoming calls with so many cases of this issue. I believe it's. widespread but people just haven't really noticed yet. I'm hoping an actual Samsung rep will reach out and offer me a repair. Otherwise they have lost a customer FOREVER. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try these troubleshooting steps. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613 However, if you are still unable to make or receive calls, service would be recommended. For service information, please contact customer support by calling 1-800-786-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This doesn't help anyone. This troubleshooting method refers to the phone not being able to receive or send calls at all. And still we have zero explanation from Samsung as to what might be causing this issue. Factory resets obviously do not work and I don't see how it can be a SIM card issue when the phone is only missing calls some of the time. I feel like this issue is being swept aside as the carrier's fault but once again, I have had no issues on my iPhone with the same sim. This is a Samsung issue and whomever is affected deserves a free repair regardless of warranty status. 

Highlighted
Constellation

The same exact thing is happening to me... ATT was zero help... I've factory reset twice... I can't afford a new phone and I need this for work

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I would really push Samsung on this. Maybe try and ask for a loaner phone from them? This is THEIR FAULT no matter how much the try and brush it aside as a carrier issue. It's not. My iPhone is working fine with the same sim that was in my S10+

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have to insert this notation:  I would hope that the phone can be fixed if my phone is the problem. But I have spoken to so many people on this issue. Many have LG phones, Trackphones, and other phones. Everyone is haveing some kind of issue.... All started when the this virus arrived, thus my joke of Corona in our electronics.... I just don't think this is only a Samsung phone issue. But I do think carriers are unsure how to fix it. T-Mobile, At&t, Verison, and others are haveing intermitten trouble as well....

Something is going on with signals through the towers.  Someone needs to dig deep into this problem before we are cut off from "ALL" calls....