cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronroman951
Cosmic Ray

Camera not saving pictures

problem on my note 8. The last three months have been the worst for me, I've missed out on my son's baptism photos & videos,  my nephews birthday party, family vacation to universal studios, and the list goes on. Something is wrong between the camera and the gallery app, and Samsung has to fix this asap!!!! I've never felt so disappointed, and let down at the same time

24 REPLIES 24
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera not saving pictures

Does this still happen when your device is in safe mode?

aaronroman951
Cosmic Ray

Yes IT does, the surprising thing is I own 2 Samsung note 8's and they both have the same symptoms, so I know it's not just my phone, also if you take a look at the gallery reviews there is a lot of other phones affected by this as well

user7xqguwKYyE
Constellation

I am having the same issues with my note 8. Some pictures save, some don't and then some appear a few days later. This happens sporadically, even after restarting the phone. This is the first post I have found that is having the same issue. Samsung please fix! I do not want to download a camera app that will not match the quality of the stock app. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7xqguwKYyE Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data for the camera app?

aaronroman951
Cosmic Ray

Ive tried everything in the book, as far as factory resetting, and you know I had another note 8 put away, just for measures I turned it on and sure as well, it's doing the same thing, add well as others based on the gallery reviews!!!

user7xqguwKYyE
Constellation

Yes. It still continues to occur. Yesterday the camera did not save various photos from my vacation. This is a huge issue. Please send an update to fix. 

Bob D
Asteroid

I have been having the same issue for the last few months. Critical photos are missing, once in a lifetime photos not saved and no possible way to replace them. This started after a update and I had hoped that by now Samsung would have corrected this but apparently they can't or won't. Makes the phones camera useless because you can't depend on it to record the images. I've noticed that is often the first one or two photos if I've taken more than one image. I've tried using internal memory and the SD card, cleared the cache, and all the other previously mentioned 'fixes'. None of them have worked.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend taking your device to your nearest UbreakiFix.com. They can usually have your device back to you within the same day.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Are you saving the photos to SD card? If so, change the setting to save internally and try it.