cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronroman951
Cosmic Ray

Camera not saving pictures

My camera has been acting weird lately, it does not save all the pictures or videos i capture

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera not saving pictures

Hey, give this a try:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Make sure to back up your data prior to doing so.

aaronroman951
Cosmic Ray

Ive gone as far as factory reset and the problem still persists!!!Im having the exact problem on my note 8. The last three months have been the worst for me, I've missed out on my son's baptism photos & videos,  my nephews birthday party, family vacation to universal studios, and the list goes on. Something is wrong between the camera and the gallery app, and Samsung has to fix this asap!!!! I've never felt so disappointed, and let down at the same time

useraH7ovpi1NN
Astronaut

I have this exact same problem and it just cost me most of my Disney and Universal Studios 360 photos. I wouldn't have known until I got home but I wanted to check one of the pics I took in the app and saw that none had been saved. It's done this a few times in the past as well. I took a picture through the app and after that it started saving pictures again. This is very frustrating.

user4sJLmUR84B
Constellation

Same thing has been happening to me. It happened after the last 2 updates. 

userA2lO8OqGBX
Constellation

Having the same problem for a couple weeks now.  Horrible flaw that has cost me many pictures on our family vacation. 

How has Samsung not addressed this officially?  People have been complaining about this for months without any acknowledgment there is a problem!   Bad job Samsung. 

Only fix for me is to force close both the camera and the gallery app PRIOR to taking any pictures.  Every time.  Just terrible and impractical. 

You guys are making it very tough for me to win over those obnoxious Apple fana in my family when stuff like this goes months without being addressed. 

Come on, help a brother out. 

Lee

Highlighted
chrism51
Astronaut

I am in the Grand Tetons and just caught this early, though have 2 great shots that are not there. Plenty of storage on my phone, but photos did not save to gallery. So went in and started deleting some photos I don't need and it started working again. Not sure what is up.