cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JiggleJaggle
Constellation

Can't receive MMS

I can't receive MMS messages. When I click download, the animation for downloading starts then stops quickly & nothing else happens. I think this started after the latest update.

4 REPLIES 4
JiggleJaggle
Constellation

I can't receive MMS at all, but I can send MMS using Sams...

I can't receive MMS at all, but I can send MMS using Samsung Messages & can't send MMS with Android Messages.

Re: Can't receive MMS

@JiggleJaggle wrote:

I can't receive MMS messages. When I click download, the animation for downloading starts then stops quickly & nothing else happens. I think this started after the latest update.

1) You have Note 8 and which carrier is it on?

2) Do you have WiFi on and connected to the internet?  If your phone is on wifi, try without it and re-test mms

3) Check to see if WiFi calling is enabled and your phone tries to send/receive mms through WiFi calling.  If it does, turn wifi calling off and re-test

4) APN settings on your phone need to be checked to see if they are in-line with your carrier.  Go to settings>connections>mobile networks>access point names> and see what is selected there.  Also there you will see 3 dots on top right corner, tap it and select "reset default"

JiggleJaggle
Constellation

Note 8, Sprint I tried with and without Wi-Fi. It works n...

Note 8, Sprint

I tried with and without Wi-Fi. It works now. Idk why though. I'm at the same location I was yesterday.

Highlighted
JiggleJaggle
Constellation

Solution: My issue was cause by the latest version of And...

Solution: My issue was cause by the latest version of Android Messages. I downloaded an APK for the version before the current one & installed it. I can now send MMS over Wi-Fi like I had been able to before.