cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Cannot connect to gadget wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bough myself a Holy Stone drone.  I need to connect to the drone's wifi.  My note 8 picks it up but cannot connect. I tried with an iphone and it connects perfectly.

Any help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Cannot connect to gadget wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrrtxdkQxqb did this answer your original inquiry?

If so, can you click "Accept as a solution" on the post that helped so that others know the answer here?

Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrrtxdkQxqb This may be an issue with captive portal detection on the Android side and seems to effect a number of non-Samsung devices as well.

You might try the following:

On the phone's list of available wifi networks, tap and hold the one for the drone (mine appears as "P70-VR-1F5500") and then tap or keep pressing on tap "Modify Network". Then change the IP settings from DHCP to Static (under Advanced) and set the IP address to 192.168.1.1, Gateway to 192.168.0.1, Network prefix length to 24, DNS1 to 8.8.8.8, and DNS2 to 8.8.4.4 Then tap Save.

Then when you connect to it you'll get a notification/prompt telling you there's no internet and asking you if you want to stay connected -- tap Yes. There's also a box you can tap to let it know it doesn't have to ask you that every time you connect to the network.

If the issue continues I'd reach out to the drone's manufacturer for assistance since this isn't a Sasmung specific issue.

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrrtxdkQxqb did this answer your original inquiry?

If so, can you click "Accept as a solution" on the post that helped so that others know the answer here?

Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much