cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS2XykHWQ1m
Asteroid

Cannot connect to server

I keep a popup on my galaxy note 8 (at&t) that not able to connect to server. Why is this and how do I fix it? It seems to do it when I am texting using the default messaging app.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot connect to server

Can I ask if you have tested a different messaging app to see if the error occurs there as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userrkZn6bCr9K
Constellation

Turn off  the advanced messaging in your default messaging app. Mine done the same thing after this last update. 

Honored Contributor

@userS2XykHWQ1m 

Basically many ATT owners report this issue.

There are 2 ways that the issue could be eliminated and one of the below steps or possibly both should be able to make it go away.

1) Go to settings>tap on magnifying glass> and type reset.  From there select reset network setting.  Just know that this will reset your known wifi networks and make you re-pair bluetooth devices. 

OR

2) From another post: "I went to message settings and stopped backing up to the cloud and the popup has stopped"