cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TileTapper
Asteroid

Cant answer incoming calls

Sgn8

Since this update that I could not avoid, I can not answer many incoming calls. I can see who it is, the red and green phone pieces are there, it looks all normal. But... my phone rings, I have to unlock it (major pain in the butt) then I tap on the answer phone, green, and nothing, tap, tap, tap, tap, nothing. Hit the red one, it hangs up and i call them back. I have changed how i answer it options and it's like I didnt even change a thing, I can not seem to get it to answer most incoming calls. The ones I do get to answer are with no rhyme or reason.

This is becoming a thorn in my side, can anyone help me?

Next problem will be regarding Samsung giving this keyboard a mind of its own.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cant answer incoming calls

To answer a call, touch the green icon and slide it towards the center. To decline a call, touch the red icon and slide it toward the center.

userYaSq0V4rXX
Constellation

So what happened to one tap dismiss? Why would you make us have to do an additional step...  Especially when you're half-asleep? This is a stupid. Give us our single tap back.

TileTapper
Asteroid

Your kidding... Thank you, I felt like I was going to get...

Your kidding...

Thank you, I felt like I was going to get bone spurs trying to answer the stupid phone! They coud have made a notice the changes intro for the fool update.

Thank you very much!

How do im get my phone screen to stop turning off when I get a call? Smiley Happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Your kidding... Thank you, I felt like I was going to get...

The screen is designed to turn off while you are on a call, when you put the phone to your face. This is so buttons aren't accidentally pushed while you are in the call. However, if you pull the phone away from your face and the screen doesn't light back up, you can press the power button on the right side of the phone to light up the screen.

userJCZnKUZ96D
Constellation

Re: Your kidding... Thank you, I felt like I was going to get...

Thank u for explaining why the screen goes off. But mine goes off no matter what but the power button is easy to press. I had figured this out long ago but just didn't know why it went dark. Now that I Do know I'll stop getting irritated with it since it's a goo reason. 

Unfortunately, I have not had much luck getting the phone to let me answer a dang call. I've cleared the cache from the apps settings. Then found a thread about cleaning the system cache after booting into similar to safe mode on a pc. I'm good at troubleshooting pcs.. Do it for people often. But this has me irritated. It helps if I do a soft reset (aka rebooting the thing.. Don't know why some guy called it a soft reset but oh well). There have been an onslaught of updates to this phone. So hard to know if one is to blame. I suspect some hairline fractures of this fragile glass screen might be my culprit. & yes.. I have a good case with bumpers And I had what was supposed to be a good screen protector. It was worse than anything. Never ever had this happen with any of my other phones. Any other ideas about this would be welcome. Going to get the screen fixed as soon as I have the money anyway. Thx for the good answers. 

Black Hole

@TileTapper wrote:

Sgn8

Since this update that I could not avoid, I can not answer many incoming calls. I can see who it is, the red and green phone pieces are there, it looks all normal. But... my phone rings, I have to unlock it (major pain in the butt) then I tap on the answer phone, green, and nothing, tap, tap, tap, tap, nothing. Hit the red one, it hangs up and i call them back. I have changed how i answer it options and it's like I didnt even change a thing, I can not seem to get it to answer most incoming calls. The ones I do get to answer are with no rhyme or reason.

This is becoming a thorn in my side, can anyone help me?

Next problem will be regarding Samsung giving this keyboard a mind of its own.

Thanks

Tap and hold phone app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and clear data

JCFeeley
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem - it doesn't happen regularly, but sporadically. However - it is very very frustrating to see who's calling and not be able to answer.  I'm not sure who provided the possible fix - but I do not have an option that states "App Info" - my menu has - Create Contact, Search, and Missed Calls.  Can someone help?  @TileTapper  did you get this figured out? thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@JCFeeley Have you tried clearing the cache for the phone app on your phone?

JCFeeley
Asteroid

Hi - I just did it.  It's happened twice today - I'll have to give it a couple of days to see if that took care of the issue.  I'll provide an update.  Thanks for the quick reply.