cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gagaBon
Asteroid

Charging Issues

Hi, I'm having charging issues like fast charging and charging while the device is turned off.  And I was wondering if it has anything to do with the latest software I just installed which is the "Android Security Patch Level: August 1, 2019". The reason is that before I installed the new software update, I still can charge while the device is turned off. And after I installed the new software, I notice that the fast charging won't work and the device won't charge when it turned off, also I can't turn the device on when the charging cable is plugged-in to the device. So my questions are, does anybody has the same issues as me? and is my problem has anything to do with the software.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Black Hole

Re: Charging Issues

@gagaBon wrote:

Hi, I'm having charging issues like fast charging and charging while the device is turned off.  And I was wondering if it has anything to do with the latest software I just installed which is the "Android Security Patch Level: August 1, 2019". The reason is that before I installed the new software update, I still can charge while the device is turned off. And after I installed the new software, I notice that the fast charging won't work and the device won't charge when it turned off, also I can't turn the device on when the charging cable is plugged-in to the device. So my questions are, does anybody has the same issues as me? and is my problem has anything to do with the software.

Thanks

It shouldn't be like that.  So when you turn off the device and then plug in the charger.  What happens?

gagaBon
Asteroid

nothing happens, no battery percentage display, no LED, nothing. And I can't turn the device on if the charging cable is plugged in. But the device does charge when turned-off when I use my Anker Powerbank, and I also can turn it on while charging with it. but still no fast-charging. The Fast-charging does show for second and then disappear and change into normal charge.

Black Hole

@gagaBon wrote:

nothing happens, no battery percentage display, no LED, nothing. And I can't turn the device on if the charging cable is plugged in. But the device does charge when turned-off when I use my Anker Powerbank, and I also can turn it on while charging with it. but still no fast-charging. The Fast-charging does show for second and then disappear and change into normal charge.

Do you have another charger and usb cable?  If you don't, I would suggest you to go to carrier store or best buy store, they do have Samsung section there with samsung representative, which usually are not tech guys, but will be able to provide you with a charger and cable to test your phone.

Highlighted
gagaBon
Asteroid

I don't have another samsung charger and cable which I think compatible with Note8. But I do have an Anker powerbank and cable which compatible with Note8, and has been doing a great job providing my device with more juice. And I jut learn that my powerbank and cable works just fine for fast-charging my cousin's blackshark 2. So this is either my port or that software update, which is why I post my issues, to ask if anybody has the same problem as me with the new update. If not, then maybe it's my port after all right?